2017-18 Graduates of the Nonprofit Leadership Program
About the Program
In 2016 we launched the Margaret DeBoe Leadership Program for firm staff, we hear often from Firm partners that they wish their younger staff had stronger management, communication or other “soft” skills, that they were more invested in a career in public practice or that they could step up to business development roles more effectively. We had great success with the firm program and felt that a lot of these soft skills that we focused on for firm staff could be just as useful for nonprofits. We worked to develop a similar leadership program targeted specifically for nonprofits and offered a highly successful pilot Nonprofit Leadership Program in 2018. The 4th class will begin in September and run through June 2022. If you are interested in sending a participant for the next class, please contact Meghan Jenkins, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gain insight into your professional strengths and learn to work with and motivate diverse teams with varied skills.
- Practice a variety of communications skills to become a better writer, to handle difficult conversations and to be an effective leader of others.
- Learn to make successful presentations to various nonprofit stakeholders.
- Gain the confidence to grow a professional network that benefits both your own professional development and the advancement of your organization.
- Learn how to identify and access the resources to ensure you are professionally successful and continually growing.
Full details about the program can be found here.
This program employs a variety of formats, including subject matter expert trainers, facilitated panels of experienced professionals, and hands on group projects. Faculty is primarily drawn from GWSCPA nonprofit member leaders.