ASIS International, a $25M professional membership organization located in Alexandria, VA with 34,000 global members, is seeking candidates with a demonstrated track recordto serve as our Controller.
In this important role you will serve as a key financial leader and a close partner to the CFO, CEO, and the rest of the ASIS leadership team. The Controller will direct the accounting operations for ASIS International and all related entities, including monthly close process, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, annual audit, banking, record keeping and risk management/business insurance in conformance with approved policies, procedures and GAAP. This person will serve as a strategic partner to all departments in providing financial support and analysis for operational activities and plans.
A successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with at least 10+years of progressively responsible accounting experience.Ideal candidates will possess 15+ years expert experience and will possess a master’s degree in accounting and/or a current CPA.
- Inspired leadership and management skills, with strong project management and decision-making abilities, which enable the successful direction, management, execution, and prioritization of multiple complex projects and tasks.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and develop staff in a cooperative work environment to achieve common goals and objectives.
- A record of establishing maximum efficiency through the streamlining of processes and through planned process improvement.
- Knowledge of accounting/financial and association management systems with experience participating in and/or leading system transitions.
- Demonstrated capability to build andmaintain effective relationships with all departments and staff in a team-oriented environment. Strong collaboration skills that create an effective environment to work across organizational lines and with key stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively translate data into actionable information, and to generate innovative insights from the analysis to drive actionable results.
- Proficiencyat research, modeling, and financial analysis. Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Excellent writing, speaking, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
ASIS is committed to fostering an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We offer a collaborative work environment where we strive to create a culture of belonging for all our employees. As we seek to fill this position, we highly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. ASIS is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates without regard to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability status, or status as a protected veteran. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
ASIS offers a dynamic work environment with an excellent employee benefits package including a rich health insurance program and generous 401(k) and PTO leave plans. ASIS works in a hybrid environment, primarily remotewith an expectation to be in-person periodically at our Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia office.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY