Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Reports To: Accounting Manager, Financial Management Division
Job Summary: Accountable for carrying out assigned ASHP work projects. Assists in the performance of general accounting functions.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Determines work priorities and recommends policies and operating procedures.
2. Interacts with others and provides advice on accounting and financial matters related to the execution of ASHP’s programmatic and/or operational initiatives.
3. Prepares monthly financial reports for ASHP Advantage, Certification, and CE Product activities.
4. Maintains (add, delete, edit, inactivate) general ledger accounts in Personify and Great Plains. Creates and maintains standard and ad hoc reports utilizing various applications: Personify, Management Reporter, Access, and Excel.
5. Prepares monthly bank and general ledger account reconciliations. Assists in the preparation of the monthly financial statements.
6. Prepares daily operating account cash balance report.
7. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget.
8. Processes the integration of data from other systems to Great Plains and Personify.
9. Assists in preparing schedules and reports for the year-end audit. Maintains product setup in Personify.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
· Requires at least three years’ experience in accounting environment.
· Previous experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
· Intermediate technical accounting skills.
· Analytical thinking.
· Decision making.
· Excellent communication.
· Personal credibility.
· Problem solving.
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Great Plains and Personify experience a plus.