About the Internet Society:
The Internet Society is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and Chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world.
About the Position:
The Internet Society Finance Department is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to be an integral part of the general accounting operations. This position will have significant responsibilities for general ledger, cash management, financial prep and analysis, as well as supporting the month end closing, audit and tax reporting processes for ISOC. The successful candidate will also have experience in finding process improvements and combining excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles. The role will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and will liaise with others within the finance department and throughout the organization.
Position Location: Reston, VA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure accurate reporting of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements while meeting established deadlines.
· Responsible for monthly journal entries including: revenue recognition, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accrued expenses, accounts receivable and payroll.
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
· Assist in the preparation of compliance and regulatory reporting including but not limited to: 990, tax returns, audits and OFAC.
· Liaise across the team to improve financial procedures.
· Works to fully leverage accounting system to their fullest capacity.
· Assists the Senior Accounting Manager with special projects as requested
- BS/BA in Accounting with a minimum of five years of applicable experience.
- Non-Profit experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and their application as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to organize and manage time, multi-task, operate under pressure and prioritize projects using effective organization skills as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Strong systems ability to use full capabilities of general ledger system.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated individual who takes pride as both an individual and team contributor.
Applicants should forward the attached application, resume and cover letter along with any other relevant materials to:email@example.com.
Applications will be evaluated beginning immediately and thereafter until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly, and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee. Applicants are encouraged to read the Internet Society’s 2017 Action Plan.