Climate Advisers is seeking an experienced Chief Financial & Administrative Officer (CFAO) to provide strategic financial expertise and leadership to the organization. The CFAO serves as a key member of the executive team, supporting Climate Advisers’ mission to strengthen climate action in the United States and around the world. The position is ideal for someone who has experience working with nonprofits/NGOs on international government grants and is eager to work on addressing one of the greatest challenges of our time. The work environment is fast-paced, flexible and nimble, yet offers the benefits of a professional and mature organization.
Founded in 2008, Climate Advisers is a group of policy, research and advocacy organizations working to deliver the post-carbon economy. It is comprised of Climate Advisers Inc. (CAI), a consultancy; Climate Advisers Trust (CAT), a US nonprofit; and Climate Advisers UK (CA UK), a UK nonprofit. In the United States and around the world, Climate Advisers creates and implements large-scale, cost-effective strategies to strengthen climate action and improve lives. The organization works in partnership with leading philanthropies, think tanks, advocacy groups, international institutions, companies and governments. By understanding complex policy and political challenges, Climate Advisers brings together globally recognized thought leaders around:
· Forests, Lands, Oceans: Its largest portfolio, Climate Advisers works to reduce emissions from deforestation and strengthen the role of natural climate solutions.
Energy: Climate Advisers promotes clean energy policy to deliver the low carbon economy. Financial Markets: Climate Advisers identifies climate and sustainability risks.
Diplomacy: Climate Advisers creates and implements strategies to strengthen international climate cooperation.
US Policy & Politics: Climate Advisers develops sound policy solutions in Washington, DC and across the US.
Climate Advisers offers an award-winning culture and a beautiful office environment in Washington, DC, that emphasizes transparency, risk taking and collaboration. Climate Advisors is currently in a period of growth and has nearly two dozen employees and an annual revenue in excess of $5 million. The organization is governed by a five-member Board of Directors. For more information, please visit https://www.climateadvisers.com/.
Working with the CEO, VP & Head of Programs and other staff, the CFAO will focus on the following priorities:
· Ensuring funding flows appropriately across legal entities (CAI, CAT, CA UK).
· Assuring Climate Advisers manages its grant reporting and compliance with foreign funders and investors.
· Strengthening financial systems and other internal systems and processes.
· Continuously improving the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
· Supporting the program teams with budgeting and program management; improving the budgeting process across the organization.
· Working collaboratively with the Climate Advisers’ operations team to share knowledge across the organization.
In addition to these key priorities, the CFAO is responsible for the following:
Financial and Strategic Planning:
· Prepare annual budgets and financial targets for strategic plan, and support CEO in strategic planning processes and business analysis.
· Perform ongoing financial analysis; develop financial reports, and present financial information to the team, Board, funders, and partners in an accurate and timely manner.