The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) is a social change organization dedicated to creating a social, political, and economic environmentinwhichdomesticviolencenolongerexists.NNEDVadvocatesforlaw,policies,andfunding to address domestic violence, and provides training, technical assistance, education, and support to state and territorial domestic violence coalitions, as well as local domestic violence, sexual violence, and stalking programs, transitional housing programs, and the general public.
NNEDV is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity and envisions an organization that reflects the rich cultural diversity of the community. In pursuit of this vision, we are committed to educating, developing, and supporting an organization that embodies diversity in its many forms.
NNEDV seeks a highly-organized Finance and Administrative Specialist to work with the Finance and Administrative Team and help with financial support, bookkeeping, administrative and operations support, and human resources and benefits duties. This is an essential position on the team with significant responsibility. The ideal candidate is highly dedicated and resourceful, can work well independently and collaboratively, and is committed to contributing to positive social change. At this time, this position reports to the Finance and Administrative Manager.
· Finance: Daily, performs Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable duties integral to the organization’s operations, including reviewing and approving bills in Bill.com, collecting membership dues, and depositing and recording checks. Use Intacct to track and collect Accounts Receivable. Manages Paypal account to transfer donated funds. Completes monthly bank reconciliations. Supports annual audit, benefits administration and renewal, Section 125 reporting, and compliance testing for retirement plan. Responds to staff questions regarding finance and accounting issues. Support the Independence Project microloan program as needed.
· Payroll and Timekeeping: Reviews semi-monthly, multi-state payroll for accuracy and completeness for final approval. Downloads and transmits payroll reports to external accountant. Creates and manages annual timesheet templates for all staff, reviews submitted hours to input into the monthly salary allocation spreadsheet. Generates reports from automated accounting and payroll systems to update retirement plan contributions, benefit deductions, and sick/vacation leave accruals. Provides employee pay data for unemployment claims and/or employee salary verifications and problem solve/troubleshoot tax and other issues in states where NNEDV has employees. Trains both exempt and non-exempt staff on payroll and timesheets procedures.
· Charitable Registrations: Coordinates filing of state registrations with external vendor, requests checks for registration fees and related fees, and ensures all registrations are filed on time.
· Administrative Support: Provides logistical support for smooth and efficient office operations, including employee on- and off-boarding, meetings, IT coordination, and other team and organizational needs.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Specialist position requires minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
· Demonstrated experience in proficiently handling daily accounting functions, using Bill.com, Tallie, Intacct or similar accounting software, ideally with a non-profit organization.
· Solid experience in handling Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
· Comfortable using manual and automated accounting systems.
· In-depth knowledge of payroll, timekeeping and benefits.
· Familiarity with or knowledge of automated payroll systems.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Creative problem-solving skills.
· Advanced proficiency in Excel; experience with other MS Office software and meeting platforms (e.g., Zoom).
· Demonstrated commitment to the organizational mission, including to anti-violence work, anti-domestic violence work, and racial equity and an ardent respect for domestic violence survivors.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience with Salsa or similar fundraising software
· Single audit experience desired.
This is an exempt, full-time DC office-based position; candidates will be considered who will be in the greater DC metro commuting area. Because of COVID-19 precautions, currently, NNEDV is in a voluntary work-from-home status; however, the position will ultimately work out of our offices on Thomas Circle in downtown Washington, DC, near McPherson Square Metro.
Please email one PDF containing (a) cover letter and (b) resume. Please also paste the cover letter into the body of the email. Please send the application materials to Lara Osman at: AdminJob@nnedv.org. Applications that do not contain all of the required items may not be considered.
No U.S. mail or faxes please.