The American Public Power Association is seeking a Grant Accountant, under the direction of the Accounting Manager, to be responsible for preparing invoices for reimbursement, matching incoming receipts to invoices, tracking receivable aging, reconciling project financials, monitoring funds availability, and preparing quarterly financial reports for federal grants.
Some of the Incumbent's main responsibilities will include:
• Preparing for and assisting with A-133 single audit requests related to grants.
• Reviewing expenditures for allowable costs for each grant as defined in the applicable grant.
• Preparing grant invoices and supporting documentation.
• Familiarizing themselves with grant documentation and understanding it's requirements
• Maintaining accurate and updated spreadsheets of individual grant budgets, expenditures, amendments, and balances.
• Communicating budget impacts and objectives to non-financial stakeholders as necessary.
The ideal candidate should have:
• Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field required.
• 5 – 7 years of experience with comprehensive full-cycle grants accounting.
• Strong knowledge of accrual and cash basis accounting
• Extensive experience administering federal, state and private grants, contract compliance, and financial reporting.
• Working knowledge of the COSO Framework and CFR 200
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs especially Excel and Dynamics (GP).
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and correct problems as they occur.
• Attention to detail and accuracy and self-review work.
• Excellent oral and written communication plus solid organizational and people skills.
• Self-directed and motivated, able to manage multiple and complex assignments and meet deadlines and production schedules both independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of federal regulations (A-110, A-122, A-133).
The American Public Power Association is an equal opportunity employer.