The Accounting Manager is a senior member of the Finance Department at TRG and reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The Accounting Manager directs TRG’s accounting functions and is responsible for the development and improvement of our financial planning and accounting systems, and for the analysis and interpretation of trends requiring management’s attention. They will prepare financial management reports, develops procedures, present findings and makes recommendations to senior management. They will establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
• Manage and coordinate TRG’s day-to-day financial operations and reporting, ensuring timely and accurate outputs. Make adjustments as necessary to accommodate changing priorities, meet deadlines, and effectively organize tasks in working with other staff members.
• Supervise, train and mentor accounting staff on all accounting functions; implement annual work planning and performance management reviews for Finance Department staff members.
• Under the guidance of the CFO, analyze existing accounting and finance systems and procedures and make recommendations for improvements to senior management. Oversee the implementation and effective utilization of the new ERP system and related system enhancements.
• Enhance and implement internal controls; develop procedures, guidelines and documentation as needed.
• Close accounting periods and generate monthly and quarterly financial statements, ensuring compliance with GAAP and changing government regulations.
• Oversee preparations for annual external financial and compliance audits.
• Administer TRG’s payroll function through the external service provider (ADP).
• Assist staff in resolving operational accounting issues and problems in ways consistent with accepted accounting practices and corporate needs. Additionally, act as a liaison between TRG’s Finance Department and other nonfinance personnel at all levels as well as outside parties.
• Provide guidance to finance staff and project managers on project financial data interpretation, budget tracking, and appropriate controls to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations and contract terms.
• Work with the CFO on incurred cost submissions, NICRA rates and corporate fiscal year budgets, and other analytical tasks as required.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Education Requirements:
• BS Degree in Accounting or equivalent field.
• An Active CPA license or CPA candidacy is highly desired.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Accounting Manager position or similar role supervising accounting staff.
• A minimum of 5 years’ in a U.S. Government contracting working environment.
• Advanced level of cost reimbursement project-based accounting skills.
• In-depth knowledge of GAAP and U.S. Government contracting and accounting regulations.
• Strong computer skills on MS Office and knowledge of and experience with recognized “GovCon” accounting software systems and electronic T&E modules (i.e., Deltek, Unanet, Jamis, MS NAV, etc.).
• Effective coaching and management skills, including demonstrated employee professional development and retention experience with a diverse team.
• Proven communication skills and strong customer service orientation.
• Team-orientated, collaborative approach, with a desire to work in a hands-on capacity.
• Capability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience in accounting, finance and operations for international projects.
• Knowledge of FAR and USAID rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations.
• Hands-on experience with complex new system implementations.
Applications Instructions: Please apply by visiting this link- https://trg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=55
Training Resources Group, Inc. is an employee-owned consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia . Since 1973, TRG has provided organizational development and training services for U.S. government agencies, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and private sector/commercial clients.
As an employee-owned firm, we are each personally committed to the work we do. We understand that our success is entirely dependent on our ability to help our clients achieve their business and service goals. Internally, we place a great deal of emphasis on nurturing a widely held ownership mentality and participatory culture.