Job Title: Staff Accountant
Salary Range: $60,000- $70,000 a year
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for the processing and reconciling of ASHP high volume customer accounts. Assures the proper and timely application of payments and unapplied receipts. Prepares general ledger account reconciliations. Works with the Accounts Receivable (AR) team and other ASHP departments to research and resolve any open AR account balances.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reconciles distributor and sales agent accounts. This includes the application of payments; the review of orders and returns; and the monitoring of outstanding account balances.
2. Monitors other AR accounts and assist in sending customer invoices as needed.
3. Monitors unapplied receipts and follows set procedures for such receipts.
4. Submits various invoices through customer online invoice portals.
5. Prepares general ledger account analyses and reconciliations for various accounts.
6. Prepares audit schedules for annual financial audit.
7. Reviews and verifies customer credit terms.
8. Acts as a backup for the AR Accountant when needed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Four year degree in accounting.
· Experience or knowledge of accrual accounting, reconciliations and GAAP.
· Nonprofit organization experience a plus.
· Strong technical accounting skills.
· Analytical thinking.
· Decision making.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Personal credibility.