About The Internet Society
The Internet Society is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world.
About the Position
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting with strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with our diverse staff. The Senior Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting will provide support to all budget owners to effectively manage the budgeting and monitoring spending for the Internet Society's projects/activities.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Finance and Corporate Reporting and is responsible for managing the budgeting, forecasting, internal financial reporting, and analysis of financial results.
Our ideal candidate should have both project management skills along with the attention to detail with the ability to analyze and present complex data. We are looking for someone who instills values of Trustworthy, Collaborative and Respectful!
Location: Reston, VA but open to other Remote locations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the annual budgeting process to ensure budgets are developed accurately and promptly.
- Manage the forecasting process to ensure that the current year financial forecast accurately reflects actual results and expectations.
- Collaborate closely with program budget owners and department heads on budgeting and financial planning for all existing programs, operations, and approved strategic action plans.
- Oversee the Budgeting and Forecasting team in analyzing and monitoring the actual vs. budgeted financial results to ensure the organization’s spending is on track with the budget.
- Analyze programs and operations' financial results, and provide continuous support and advice to program budget owners and department heads.
- Ensure that approved projects are reflected in budgets and forecasts.
- Collaborate closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure the internal financial reports for program budget owners, department heads, and the Board of Trustees are generated accurately and promptly.
- Research the cause of variances in the Budget to Actual financial results and ensure the senior leadership is well apprised
- Collaborate with Program, Accounting, and Contracts teams to understand the financial implications of organizational decisions
- Supervise and lead the Financial Analyst
- Other duties as assigned
Apply by clicking --->Here
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance with 7 to 10 years of experience in accounting/finance fields.
- Active Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; advance MS Excel skills and proficiency with accounting, budgeting, and forecasting software.
Experience working with Adpative Insights and Concur a plus!
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prior experiences of budgeting and forecasting for a global non-profit organization preferred.
- Solid reporting and presentation skills preferred.
- Previous management experience strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Must be proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Effective communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel when needed.