Manager III (Fiscal Manager)
Montgomery County Government
Department of Finance
$92,185 - $167,345
The Department of Finance is looking for a Fiscal Manager (Manager III) to join the Fiscal Management Division. This is a management position in the Division of Fiscal Management responsible for developing and implementing financial, quantitative, and economic analyses of County policy issues including the modeling and forecasting of proposed taxes and revenues, income and excise tax estimates, components of property tax and transfer/recordation taxes, and development district financing.
This position will manage review and approval of certain economic development fund grant and loan programs, manage County responses to National and State of Maryland fiscal and legislative surveys, review of new State legislation including fiscal impacts, and assist with developing Economic and Fiscal Impact Statements (EIS and FIS) for proposed County legislation when appropriate. Other duties include simulation forecasting for economic and finance projections, developing and analyzing new fiscal initiatives and performance measures, and other projects as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Multi-factor policy analysis
- Revenue forecasting for multiple County departments and agencies
- Provide guidance and manage resources in support of the Chief Economist
- Supervise various Fiscal Programs and Fiscal employees, including Economic Development, Legislative Analysis and Performance Planning
- Represent the Department of Finance to executive level decision makers including the County Executive, Chief Administrative Officer, Department Directors, and County Council
- This position manages the work of professionals. As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering a positive labor relations environment based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
A criminal background and credit history check will be conducted on the selected candidate prior to appointment and will be a significant factor in the hiring decision.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience managing fiscal policy analysis and revenue forecasting.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Preferred Criteria: The applications of those individuals meeting the minimum qualifications will be reviewed to determine the extent, relevancy of training, and experience in the following areas.
Montgomery County Government offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HR/Recruitment/MCGCareers.html
and click on the “Search for Jobs at MCG" tab.
Read the full job description under the “Managerial Executive" Job Category.
The requisition number is IRC47640.
Interested candidates must create an online account in order to apply.
This Recruitment closes on March 22, 2021
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position,
which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Preparation Tips
listed under the “Resources” tab on the Office of Human Resource’s MCG Careers webpage.