PayPal Giving Fund is a grant-giving 501(c)(3) charity that makes online giving a part of everyday ecommerce activity. We do this by enabling donors to support their favourite charities across several platforms, including PayPal, eBay, and GoFundMe. Funded by PayPal, we are a registered charity in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and Ireland. We offer an experience hard to find anywhere else: the opportunity to interact with the Internet’s largest businesses, work with cutting-edge technologies in a friendly and energetic small-team environment and do a lot of good in the process. http://paypal.com/givingfund
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager will have a participant role in the overall organizational strategy, accounting, and reporting functions. The Accounting Manager will work closely with the CFO and existing accounting staff on process improvements and system enhancements to support our organization’s rapid growth and expansion.
The Accounting Manager will lead all day-to-day finance operations for the US, Canada, and Australia and manage related functional responsibilities, including general journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. The Accounting Manager will ensure that the accounting systems and procedures are in place to support effective program implementation. In addition, s/he will partner with the CFO, UK and Ireland Controller, engineering staff, and information technology (IT) consultants to enhance integrations with finance and IT functions.
The Accounting Manager’s specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and supervise the monthly close, general ledger, and consolidation functions ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the accounting for operating revenue, expenses, and foreign currency translationensuring that transactions are accurately and timely processed.Manage balance sheet accounts including cash and deferred revenue.
- Prepare journal entries, allocations, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Manage and oversee all operating bank reconciliations as well as daily/monthly reconciliations of other key GL accounts.
- Initiate process improvements, including automation of existing reporting processes, and work with the accounting team on SAP functionality and utilization.
- Provide support and respond to internal and external requests from regulators, partners and auditors.
- Interact with customers, employees, management and stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements and maintain internal controls.
- Assist with annual audits (country-specific and consolidated) and required preparation and disclosures on Form 990, 990-T and 5471.
- Assist with maintaining policies and procedures.
The Accounting Manager will also be expected to perform other duties deemed necessary for the effective management of the organisation’s financial operations.
The Accounting Manager will be an effective leader with broad and extensive finance experience, and S/he will have at least 8-10 years of experience managing accounting for a national or international non-profit organization.
The Accounting Manager will have the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of a BS and CPA/CMA or equivalent.
- Strong experience in technology-focused organisations managing complex integrations.
- A strong understanding of compliance issues in relation to non-profit fundraising and payments, including data protection, OFAC and other regulations and requirements, particularly those affecting corporate foundations and/or donor advised funds.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting.
- Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial, and technology policies and procedures.
- Experience with SAP (S/4HANA) accounting software is preferred.
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to senior leadership.
- A collaborative and flexible style, able to handle ambiguity and dependencies on external organizations, with a strong service mentality.
- A team-player with integrity
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- Strong personal commitment to lifelong learning.
The Accounting Manager will also be able to demonstrate a commitment to the values and working behaviours of PayPal Giving Fund.
- We are open to change: we are flexible and respond positively and quickly to changes in our environment, communicating and coordinating to stay on top of things
- We're transparent and inclusive: we share relevant information and involve people in shaping our ideas.
- We're practical and results-focused: we take ownership of our work, solve problems for customers, and prioritise effective and streamlined delivery
- We learn: we develop expertise ourselves, and actively search for new sources of expertise to help us grow.
- We’re a team: we show togetherness and support each other to improve every day
It is the practice of PayPal Giving Fund to examine job descriptions from time to time and to update them as necessary in consultation with the post-holder.
**Accepting Remote Applicants**