The Staff Accountant is responsible for carrying out the operational functions in accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts and general ledger, for the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy and the AMCP Foundation.
More specifically, key responsibilities include:
· Manage and monitor Accounts Payable (AP) through the online system to ensure that all invoices are processed timely and correctly in Concur.
· Manage and monitor Accounts Receivables (AR) through the iMIS database and follow up with outstanding AR monthly.
· Prepare monthly journal entries (including debit/credit, adjustment, re-class, etc.) for the financial close and send them to the Controller on a timely basis for review.
· Reconcile the general ledger schedule and ensure any/all discrepancies resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
· Process semi-monthly payroll through ADP and ensure payroll is posted correctly in accounting system.
· Prepare and file forms 1099 and 1096.
· Update the cash flow report for AMCP and AMCPF daily.
· Assist with yearly Audit.
What You Are About:
Your excitement and drive to serve AMCP members and improve the lives of patients across the country is your motivation.
You aspire to make a difference and possess the following skills and competencies.
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to maintain the quality and accuracy of work when managing multiple tasks simultaneously. Carefully prepares work for accuracy and completeness. Sets up procedures to ensure high quality work by establishing checks and balances.
· Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to organize, manage time and effectively prioritize tasks.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 3-5 years’ experience working for not-for-profit.
· Prior use of automated accounting systems required.
· Experience with the following systems is preferred: Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon), Concur expense reporting and invoicing, iMIS database, ADP Workforce Now, Microsoft dynamics Management Reporter or Prophix.
· Ability to interact, communicate with, and build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to work independently ensuring that one’s own work and information are complete and accurate.
· Continuous learning mindset with ability to embrace and fully leverage technology.
· Possess a continuous improvement mindset to identify process and procedure improvements and make recommendations for change.
· Commitment to advancing the organization’s desired culture, which focuses on collaboration, high performance, accountability, respect and trust
· Demonstrates agility to adapt to change.
· A strong understanding of regulations is desired.
What You Will Get Out of It:
- Work with a staff that has a passion for our mission, believes in each other, and has some fun along the way.
- Professional development opportunities to grow your career.
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
If you believe you’re a great fit for this role, follow the link and apply today!
AMCP Career Center