· Manage all accounting functions for multiple entities including, but not limited to, accounts receivable, accounts payable, loans and collections, general ledger maintenance, and the chart of accounts.
· Responsible for the month-end and year-end closes for all companies and funds, as well as the timely preparation of consolidated financial statements and regulatory filings of the annual audit, 990, and labor management reporting.
· Establish, maintain, and monitor internal controls to ensure compliance with industry best practices.
· Manage and monitor the treasury functions of the AFT, including but not limited to cash flow, bank reconciliations, investments, lines of credit and loans, lock box deposits, and purchasing cards.
· Oversee and monitor the applicable aspects of the payroll function to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll in coordination with human resources.
· Ensure compliance with sales and use tax and other local, state, and federal tax reporting.
· Account for all fixed assets and perform financial analysis on capital acquisitions.
· Oversee the proper allocation of invoices and expenses according to funding source and expense categories and investigate transactional line-item details as needed.
· Conduct financial analysis and prepare financial reports (including ad hoc reports) and statements for executive management, committees, and council.
· Support the preparation, development, and presentation of the annual budget.
· Supervise, evaluate, and develop accounting staff.
· Other duties as assigned with occasional travel required.