Senior Billing Specialist, Arabella Finance (Durham, NC or Washington, DC)
You are mission-driven and action-oriented. You love to get involved and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. You value diversity, equity, and inclusion and are eager to put those values into practice. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of accounts receivable information. We need you to be highly organized, and detail and deadline-oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously. The right candidate has outstanding client service skills, operates independently with minimal direction and enjoys working in a fast paced, mission driven environment.
- Manage billing, invoicing, bookkeeping and some journal entry processes including client intake, weekly and monthly invoicing, credit memo, and monthly reporting
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve collections issues
- Monitor project costs
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate month-end close procedures including preparation of accounts receivable related GL reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of annual audit reconciliations and schedules
- Assist the Assistant Controller and the Accounting Manager with special projects
- Support General Accounting function
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent level of experience
- Four or more years of relevant professional experience
- Understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- A strong worth ethic; be well-organized and a self-starter
- A solid analytical and problem-solving skillset
- A drive to raise process efficiency issues and collaborate with team members to implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to report on complex data in an easily understandable manner
- A customer service mindset
- The ability to work independently and within teams in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- The ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience with accounting software (Microsoft GP a plus)
- Intermediate Excel skills
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs.
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
- The ability to integrate DEI into work processes and demonstrate understanding of how oppression, privilege, and power present in interactions and work
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here
to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Total Rewards (compensation and benefits)
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our base salaries are based on salary ranges for similar sized organizations in the professional services sector and adjusted for local labor market rates and differentiated by geography.
All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package on their first day of employment:
- Health insurance- On average Arabella pays 86% of the medical premium, 80% of the dental premium, and 100% of the vision premium
- Paid time off- 16 days’ vacation, 10 personal days, 11 company holidays (7 federal and 4 more from a list of inclusive cultural and religious holidays and your birthday), 20 hours’ volunteer leave, 8 weeks’ parental leave
- 401(k) retirement plan- We offer a 4% employer match on a dollar-per-dollar basis, and there is no waiting or vesting period; all funds contributed by you and Arabella are yours to keep on day 1
- Reimbursements for your personal cell phone plan and fitness
- Pre-tax withholding for transportation and parking
- Bonus incentive opportunities
- Access to professional development opportunities
Working with Us
While this position must be based in Durham, NC or Washington, DC. Please note that all Arabella Advisors’ offices have reopened, and we work in a hybrid environment.
We reopened our offices in Summer of 2022 and work with a hybrid workplace strategy to ensure continued flexibility for our staff, while deepening our strong culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. We expect that after their initial onboarding, all Arabellans will have the choice of two hybrid schedules. Our hybrid schedule options include Flex, with 1-2 days per week in the office, or Office-based, with 3+ days per week in the office (or more if preferred) and the remaining days working at home/remotely. We will make reasonable accommodations under the guidelines of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Arabella Advisors requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement
prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.