We are the oldest and largest global professional membership organization representing the field of endocrinology. Our members come from 122 countries, with 40 percent living outside the United States. We are unique in that our members are not only on the frontier of breakthrough research discoveries, but they also apply this knowledge in the treatment of patients with hundreds of debilitating hormone-related diseases and conditions.
We are actively seeking a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis who will engage cross-departmentally to support the strategic direction of the organization. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the incumbent will use gathered data to help guide yearly budgets, investment portfolios, and other important financial decisions. The incumbent will have a strong working knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and accounting and the ability to work effectively with staff to identify areas of expansion, maintenance, or sunsetting.
What you’ll bring to the job:
· A minimum of five years of professional experience in budgeting, accounting or financial analysis, with a bachelors from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in business, finance, or accounting. CPA preferred.
· Strong research, analysis, reporting and visualization skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Effective organizational and project management skills.
· An excellent eye for detail.
· An ability to distill information and express complex ideas effectively orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of business organization and management, GAAP, and principles and techniques of budget preparation and financial analysis.
· Experience with databases, association management systems, budgeting software, and spreadsheet programs; experience in use of financial or accounting information systems.
· Above-average Microsoft Excel skills and solid proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Adobe, Power Point, Word, and Outlook. Some experience with Great Plains, Prophix budget software and basic SQL statements preferred.
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you’ll own:
Assisting in the execution of organizational strategic priorities
· Working with leadership to assess programs for expansion, maintenance, or sunsetting.
· Assisting task forces and working groups by measuring ROI and aligning our strategic priorities and mission.
· Assisting in evaluating investment decisions for ENDO meetings:
o Cost/benefit analysis,
o Variable/fixed expense analysis based on projected growth/shrinkage,
o Opportunities for additional revenue.
· Modeling and exploring new revenue opportunities provided by members and staff.
o Partnering with other teams to develop data to enable evaluation of these models.
Sharing budgeting, forecasting and accounting responsibilities
· Assisting with developing and expanding new Prophix models to staff to allow more data driven questions and decision making.
· Continuously monitor the Society’s budget and projections by working effectively with large amounts of internal and external data to interpret financial records, detect errors, and prepare financial reports to ensure revenue and expenses are in line with forecast and expectations. Data sources include but are not limited to the Society’s accounting system, association management system and membership database, partner information, comparative benchmarking, and web properties.
· Assisting the organization in building a competitive intelligence system by maintaining financial dashboard reports and revenue leading indicators, including metrics associated with the Society’s strategic plan and other budget modeling tools using database, spreadsheet, word processing, and business intelligence software.
· Providing support for the annual audit, including reconciliation work papers, variance analysis and supporting schedules.
· Performing reconciling and reporting for the Society’s investment portfolio.
· Supporting the preparation of committee and Council meeting agenda materials and presentations.
Supporting month and year end close
· Providing in-depth variance analysis as needed on multiple revenue and expense accounts.
Developing efficient ways to allocate funds and other resources among various Society hubs and programs
· Considering allocation models to allocate resources across Society and programs to better understand true costs of doing business.
· Assisting in the development and analysis of Society and departmental yearly operating budgets and quarterly operating projections.
· Using spreadsheets, forecasting and budgeting tools, and other software to provide accurate, up-to-date financial research, analysis, and information to other Society departments as requested.
· Developing pro forma profit and loss models for proposed products, programs and expenditures.
· Performing statistical analysis of cash flows, capital expenditures, and investments.
What you’ll do well:
· Provide sound inquiry and analysis to make recommendations and decisions. Demonstrate the ability to identify problems, synthesize, evaluate, and make appropriate decisions and/or recommendations for level of job. Demonstrate the ability to weigh pros/cons and cost benefit of decisions. Use sound judgment in decision-making. Exercise timeliness in making decisions. Take appropriate actions to correct ineffective decisions.
· Look at situations from multiple perspectives. Have the ability to do or create something new. Create solutions to problems using novel methods and processes. As a contributor, develop a new product, service, method, or approach. Sponsor the development of new products, services, methods, or procedures. Propose new approaches, methods, or techniques. Develop better, faster, or less expensive ways to do things. Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
· Use a variety of information sources internal and external to the organization to identify issues and trends. Study financial, economic, and technical information to identify ways to achieve long-range goals or meet the vision of the organization.
· Effectively build relationships with people whose assistance, cooperation, and support may be needed; build rapport and establishes a common bond with individuals; recognize the business concerns and perspectives of others; show interest in what others have to say; acknowledge their perspectives and ideas; express gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance, or support.
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with others to encourage and support communication and teamwork. Build and maintain ongoing, collaborative, working relationships with coworkers to achieve the goals of the work unit.
What you’ll get out of it:
· Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
· The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
· A chance to make a contribution in a fun job with room to make it your own.
· A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom Metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA- CREF retirement plan with 10% employer contribution should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.