Vault Consulting, LLC is seeking a full-time Senior Manager for a position based out of our Reston, VA headquarters. However, due to the consultative nature of our work and the fact that we provide accounting services primarily to the not-for-profit and association marketplace, the majority of our accounting work is done onsite at our client sites in Washington, DC, Arlington or Alexandria. While headquartered in Reston, VA, our accounting services teams often provide on-site support to organizations in Washington, DC and immediate suburbs in Arlington and Alexandria. This position is ideal for accountants with previous public accounting experience or corporate controllers seeking a dynamic role that balances core finance and operations work with opportunities to contribute to client development.
Our practice includes an experienced group of accounting professionals who provide outsourced accounting and financial consulting services to the not-for-profit marketplace. Our outsourced accounting clients are primarily not-for-profit organizations that are based in metropolitan Washington. They range from charitable foundations to membership associations.
We seek an experienced Senior Manager with 8 or more years of recent public and corporate accounting experience. Experience providing services in or to the not-for-profit industry is a must. Candidates should possess a high degree of technical competency and the ability to work equally independently and as part of a team. Problem solvers, self-starters and highly organized individuals will flourish in this position. This position could include some general accounting consulting and special project work as well.
As a Senior Manager for Vault, you will be a key member of our consulting team, supplying functional input to our diverse client-base on an interim and outsourced basis. Specific duties will vary based on client needs and profile.
- Support CFOs and CEOs/EDs with the execution of optimized departmental policies and procedures
- Provide day-to-day management of finance and accounting department/functions
- Conduct month-end closes, GL, cash flow management, P&L, payroll, budget management, forecasting, tax compliance and audit cycles, efficiently and accurately
- Assist in creating reports and presentations for CEOs/EDs and Boards, providing “boots on the ground”-level analyses
- Assist with contract management related to vendors
- Interface with external auditors and banking/finance institution relationships as needed
- Provide tactical guidance to the IT, HR and facilities operations as needed
As a member of the Vault team, you will bring to bear your valuable skills and experience to help us continue growing our team and market.
- Develop and mentor less senior team members, providing training and guidance to assist them in building their skills
- Work with senior leadership to help design and roll-out training/development programs
- Provide feedback and recommendations for employee reviews
- Leverage business development opportunities as they’re presented
- A seasoned professional with a blend of 8 or more years of experience in public accounting and corporate accounting/finance roles
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accounting experience or knowledge of the not-for-profit industry is required
- Familiarity with multiple commercial accounting software packages including Microsoft Dynamics, SL, SAGE, etc., as well as expertise within QuickBooks and Excel
- Passionate about, and committed to, providing quality client service and guidance
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Independent thinker who is flexible, adaptable and creative
Working at Vault
The name Vault represents assurance, expertise and a commitment to provide partners with steadfast support, secure handling of sensitive information and the resourceful counsel necessary to transform information into action.
Our practice groups include, Outsourced Accounting – CFO and general accounting services, general ledger maintenance and transactional support, internal control and process reviews, and nonprofit expertise; Survey Research – industry market reports, benchmarking studies, member needs assessments, and advocacy surveys; Primary Market Research – Quantitative and Qualitative Studies, Traditional and Emerging Market Research, Domestic and Global.
In addition to a competitive compensation structure, our benefits include:
- Participation in our yearly performance bonus plan
- Participation in our 401 (k) plan
- Five weeks paid leave
- Additional paid holidays
- Nearly 100% employer-paid medical and dental premiums
- Participation in firm retreat and many other firm activities
How to Apply
To be considered a candidate, please apply directly at https://apply.vaultconsulting.com.
Vault Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.