Responsiblefor maintaining thegeneral ledgeraccount balancesinconformity withGenerallyAcceptedAccounting Principles(GAAP).Preparesaccurate monthlyfinancialreports andaccount summaries. Examinesaccounting documentsforaccuracyandensures compliancewithpoliciesand proceduresandaccountingstandards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Accountant II position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
- Analyzes general ledger account balances
- Develops financial and managerial accounting information
- Suggests new accounting procedures and recommends improvements
- Compiles financial information and assists in preparation of reports
- Prepares account reconciliations and journal entries
- Maintains certain general ledger accounts
- Administers fixed asset system, maintains and prepares fixed asset schedules and reports
- Prepares accounting and statistical reports for departments
- Assists in preparing annual budget
- Applies applicable accounting and reporting rules, and government regulations
- Records financial transactions in accordance with (GAAP)
- Prepares financial reports for financial analysis regarding account status
- Participates in auditing projects
- Prepares estimates for complex accounts
- Supports other department personnel as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Two to four years of related experience in accounting or finance
- Demonstrated ability to research and interpret regulations involving GAAP, general accounting and taxes
- Knowledge of transaction processing flow and internal controls
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (advance Excel user)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose and edit correspondence
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to conduct self in a professional manner and to maintain effective and professional relationships
- Effective and productive communications skills; speaks well, communicates ideas clearly. Writes well, clearly and concisely. Is approachable and open to discussion
- Learns, applies and retains new methods and information. Creative in solving problems. Exhibits a “can do” attitude with a positive approach to challenges. Views obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- Ability to complete a high volume of work, in a timely manner, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to improve efficiency of existing processes, work well under pressure and maintain confidentiality
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; must be able to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment to meet departmental and Company goals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate self-starter, takes on and completes work without prompting
- Leads by example and exemplifies the Green Diamond Core Values in actions and behaviors
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment
- Ability to foster and support a diverse, ethical and respectful workplace
- Ability to share knowledge and participate in coaching and mentoring others
- Ability to be adaptable, tolerant of ambiguities and open to change
- Solutions-oriented team player
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on a PC.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours, including periodic early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed to meet the essential responsibilities of the job.
- This position is a Physical and Mental Requirement Classification 1.