Summary of Responsibilities
Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, P.C. (CBM), an accounting and business advisory firm that serves clients throughout Washington, DC, Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region, is currently seeking dedicated Tax Accountants (multiple positions available).
Duties will include:
- Analyze financial and tax-related information needed to prepare timely and accurate federal, state, and local tax returns for businesses and individuals.
- Apply company policies and procedures and help guide Staff Accountants in completing accounting tasks.
- Review and input information regarding client income, deductions, and tax history into ProSystem record management software system.
- Apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial reporting frameworks, other specialized accounting principles, and financial statement presentations to complete assignments.
- Follow generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
- Three months experience or internship with accounting, tax, or financial company.
How to apply?
To apply, please send cover letter, resume & 3 references to Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell PC, Attn: Tana Papinova, 7910 Woodmont Ave, Ste 500, Bethesda, MD 20814