Your Part-Time Controller LLC, (YPTC), has been named A Best Place to Work by the Business Journal several years in a row - and we are growing!
Responsibilities of Controllers & Accountants position
We work with our clients by performing high level accounting functions throughout the year, including:month-end transaction processing, monthly financial report preparation, budgeting, cash flow planning/analysis and outside audit facilitation. Additionally, we streamline, automate and evaluate accounting systems and processes as well as consult with our clients about accounting and financial "best practices".
We are expanding and seeking full-time and part-time accountants who can think independently, take charge and hit the ground running. YPTC offers flexible scheduling, competitive salary, excellent benefits and ongoing professional development training opportunities.
Desired Skills & Experience for Controllers & Accountants position
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience including positions as a Sr.Accountant, Asst. Controller or Controller preferred
• Outstanding accounting and communication skills, a positive attitude and
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
• Knowledge of or desire to learn multiple accounting software packages
• The ability to work independently and willingness to travel to client offices in and
around the metropolitan area
• Non-profit accounting or public accounting experience is preferred but not
WHY YOUR PART-TIME CONTROLLER IS DIFFERENT:
- We don't do taxes which means no tax season, no weekends, no required overtime
- Meaningful, rewarding work that benefits the community and makes a difference
- We continue to be named a BEST PLACE TO WORK, year after year - by our staff!
Unlike some firms who contract individuals or fill temporary assignments, OUR STAFF MEMBERS ARE OUR EMPLOYEES! They are employed by us, either full or part-time (with benefits!) based on their personal preference, to work with our clients. Most of our clients are long-term part-time engagements, affording our staff the ability to have both consistency and variety at the same time.
And - we offer an exceptional work environment. Check out our staff testimonials at YPTC.com, or read on. Here are just a few of the reasons why our staff told us they voted us a Best Place to Work:
- YPTC is a great company where you can do great things while having a great time.
- Flexible full or part-time employment affords our staff the ability to have both employmentstability and client variety at the same time
- Awesome benefits package – including a free health insurance option and loads of vacation!
- Extraordinary growth of our firm means extraordinary opportunities for growth for members of our staff.
- We work with nonprofits – making our jobs challenging AND rewarding, without a busy tax season.
- Every member of our staff has the independence of being able to work on their own at clients and be seen as an expert while having a large group of people for support if they need it.
- We help our clients with their problems by helping them understand where they stand and participating with them to create solutions.
- We work with a variety of software systems, and learn how to make them function efficiently to support each client's specific needs.
- 35 hour work week, and paid overtime!
And there are so many more! If you're interested, please apply or contact us to learn more.
Applications must include a cover letter and salary requirements to be considered.
Apply for this job online