Your Part-Time Controller LLC, (YPTC), has been named THE Best Place to Work by the Business Journal several years in a row - and we are growing!
Desired Skills & Experience for Staff Accountant position
- 3-5 years of work experience in a related field
- Detail oriented and extremely well organized to accurately and precisely meet deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills, a positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of or a desire to learn accounting software packages including Peachtree and QuickBooks
- The ability to work independently and a willingness to travel to client offices in and around the metropolitan area
- Nonprofit experience is a plus, but not required
Responsibilities of Staff Accountant position
We work with our clients throughout the year by performing high level accounting functions including:
month-end transaction processing, monthly financial report preparation, budgeting, cash flow planning/analysis and outside audit facilitation. In addition, we streamline, automate and evaluate accounting systems and processes as well as consult with our clients about accounting and financial "best practices".
Due to practice expansion, we are seeking full-time and part-time accountants who are independent thinking, take charge individuals, who can hit the ground running. YPTC offers flexible scheduling, competitive salary, excellent benefits and ongoing professional development training opportunities.
WHY YOUR PART-TIME CONTROLLER IS DIFFERENT:
- We don't do taxes = no tax season, no weekends, no required overtime
- Meaningful, rewarding work that makes a difference and benefits the community
- We continue to be named a BEST PLACE TO WORK, year after year - by our staff!
Check out our staff testimonials at YPTC.com, or read on.
Unlike some other firms who contract individuals or fill temporary assignments, OUR STAFF MEMBERS ARE OUR EMPLOYEES! They are employed by us, either full or part-time (with benefits!) based on their personal preference, to work with our clients. Most of our clients have long-term part-time arrangements, affording our staff the ability to have both consistency and variety at the same time.
And - we offer an outstanding work environment. Here are just a few of the reasons why our staff told us they voted us one of the Best Place to Work - several years in a row:
- YPTC is a great company where you can do great things while having a great time.
- Flexible full or part-time employment affords our staff the ability to have both employment stability and client variety at the same time
- Awesome benefits package – including a free health insurance option and loads of vacation!
- Extraordinary growth of our firm means extraordinary growth opportunities for our staff.
- We work with nonprofits – making our jobs challenging AND rewarding without a busy tax season.
- Every member of our staff has the independence of being able to work on their own at clients and be seen as an expert while having a large group of people for support if they need it.
- We help our clients with their problems by helping them understand where they stand and participating with them to create solutions.
- We work with a variety of software systems, and learn how to make them function efficiently to support each client's specific needs.
- 35 hour work week, and paid overtime!
And there are so many more! If you're interested, please apply or contact us to learn more.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and salry requirement to be considered.