GLOBAL IMPACT is seeking a dynamic, experienced Vice President of Finance and Accounting to provide strategic financial expertise and leadership, as well as develop and manage finance and accounting systems, operations and staff in response to an evolving business model marketplace. The VP serves as an integral member of the executive leadership team, supporting the mission to build partnerships and resources for the world’s most vulnerable people.
Global Impact is a leader in growing global philanthropy. The organization builds partnerships and resources for the world’s most vulnerable people by providing integrated, partner-specific advisory and secretariat services; campaign design, marketing and implementation for workplace and signature fundraising campaigns; and fiscal agency, technology services and integrated giving platforms. Global Impact works with more than 300 public and private workplace giving campaigns to generate funding for an alliance of more than 100 international charities, including CARE, Doctors Without Borders, Heifer International, Save the Children, UNICEF USA and World Vision. Through these partnerships, Global Impact meets real needs with real results by supporting programs focused on clean water, disaster relief and resiliency, economic development, education, environmental sustainability, global health and child survival, human trafficking, hunger, and women and girls.
Global Impact equips private sector and nonprofit sector organizations to achieve their philanthropic goals by providing revenue diversification strategies, employee engagement programs, CSR strategies, and custom philanthropic funds.
Since 1956, Global Impact has generated more than $1.8 billion to help the world’s most vulnerable people.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, Global Impact is governed by a 16-member Board of Directors with an operating budget of $14M (plus $60M in pledges under management), and has a staff of 40 in the Alexandria HQ office. The VP is an integral member of the executive leadership team which includes the President and CEO, Managing Director of Planning & Technology, VP Marketing & Campaign Engagement, VP Partner Solutions, Managing Director of Human Resources & Administration, and Managing Director of Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) Administration. For additional information, please visit our website at www.charity.org.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP exemplifies financial leadership to all audiences. As Global Impact continues to strengthen and expand its services and mission impact, the VP serves as a true business and thought partner, providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization. The VP guides the evolution of the finance and accounting infrastructure that supports the mission and growth. In addition, the VP will provide leadership for near- and long-term financial planning; oversee finance and accounting systems; and ensure compliance, integration of best practices, and risk mitigation. The VP directly supervises a Director of Accounting and a Director of Revenue Management, with 5 staff in turn reporting to them.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
Working closely with the CEO, VPs, the accounting department and Board at Global Impact, the VP will focus on the following priorities:
- Provide insights into and recommendations (supported by data) for navigating potential paths forward in an evolving marketplace offering multiple revenue diversification options and imperatives.
· Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with Global Impact’s strategic plan.
· Direct, mentor and develop Finance & Accounting staff.
In addition to these key priorities, the VP is responsible for the following:
Accounting and Financial Operations Leadership:
· Enhance and develop financial policies, procedures, and programs to improve efficiency, fiscal operations, and protect Global Impact’s assets.
· Implement appropriate controls and processes to enable organizational growth, including an ongoing protocol for testing controls.
· Ensure systems are appropriate to support the accurate and timely recording of financial activity including revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities.
· Ensure systems support accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of financial activity to effectively enable management, the Board, committees, and outside entities.
· Steward the budget process, manage preparation of financial reports, and engage with staff and board to ensure accountability to organizational budgets, visibility and action-ability on behalf of management.
· Oversee finance and accounting services for Global Impact’s growing fiscal agent and secretariat clients and lines of business. Provide leadership, training, and direct the work of finance and accounting staff to effectively perform work for these clients.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
· Analyze financial condition; propose and implement financial management strategies, and when needed, remedial actions to ensure efficient and effective operations.
· Issue accurate, timely and insightful reports in response to business model, revenue diversification scenarios proposed by CEO, Finance Committee and Board members.
Financial Planning, Compliance & Internal Controls:
· Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to ensure operating needs. Optimize the handling of banking and investment management relationships, and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
· Oversee the tracking of receipt allocation, and expenditures of restricted and unrestricted donations. Work closely with Global Impact’s development staff to ensure accurate reporting.
· Coordinate and provide oversight of the annual audit of operations and present findings to the President, Board, Audit Committee and Finance Committee in timely fashion and with recommendations for any necessary remediation.
· Oversee preparation of consolidated audited financial statements. Serve as primary contact with auditors. Oversee compliance with tax reporting requirements.
· Develop and document policies and procedures as necessary for continually improved financial management of Global Impact.
Global Impact uses a variety of tools to support its operations including: Microsoft Great Plains accounting software, Payroll Network, and PN3.
Experience and Attributes
Highly qualified candidates will share our respect and commitment to Global Impact’s mission and will bring the following experience and attributes:
· 10+ years of progressive senior financial management experience (some nonprofit preferred but not required), including Director-level supervisory experience.
· Experience with diverse business models including fiscal services, advisory services, campaign management, related contracts and technology platforms, and fee for service. Prior experience with workplace giving a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, consultants.
· Experience analyzing financial data and directing the preparation of financial reports, statements, and projections for internal and external audiences.
· Creativity, flexibility, ability to work independently and take initiative.
· Demonstrated ability to work as an effective executive team member and provide proactive leadership in a complex and fast-paced environment.
· Contribute to and/or guide cross-divisional teams including those other than direct reports.
· Commitment to ensuring fiscal integrity and ability to manage highly confidential information with discretion.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business preferred.
· Certified Public Accountant, with a Chartered Global Management Accountant certification preferred.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the qualifications for this position, and salary requirements to: Global_Impact@raffa.com (e-mail applications are required). For other inquiries contact James Sunshine at email@example.com.
GLOBAL IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. Resume reviews begin immediately.