Based in Chantilly, VA, The Teaching Company produces The Great Courses, an intellectually robust series of educational video and audio courses designed to meet the powerful and rapidly growing consumer demand for personal development and lifelong learning.
The pioneer of the concept of engaging, direct-to-consumer university-level courses, The Teaching Company continues to grow its catalog of more than 600 courses led by the world’s top professors and experts in a broad array of subjects across science, mathematics, philosophy, history, literature, etc.
Through a unique consumer-driven model, The Teaching Company selects professors exclusively for their ability to teach, and carefully crafts courses based on feedback from our customers, in convenient formats such as DVD, audio CD, streaming, and mobile apps that don’t tie the customer to a computer.
Position Title: Accounting Administrator
The Teaching Company has a position open for an Accounting Administrator. The role will support financial operations by performing full cycle account payable functions.
Reports to: Controller
- Perform full cycle accounts payable functions; invoice entry and weekly check runs, wires and ACHs
- Assist in monthly close activities
- Process purchase orders
- Manage all mail received into the accounting department
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Accounting Administrator position at TTC will have:
- 1-2 years Accounting experience or Accounting coursework preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferred
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organization/time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact with internal and external customers