The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing a Staff Accountant and overseeing all month-end accounting functions, including bank reconciliations, payroll allocations, and financial statement preparation. The Assistant Controller will also lead the organization’s annual audit.Responsibilities:
Requirements and qualifications:
- Oversee the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements in accordance withU.S.generally accepted accounting principles.
- Perform budget versus actual financial statement analysis and prepare variance reports for senior managers.
- Analyze the overall accounting and reporting systems of the organization on a continuous basis and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain the organization’s accounting policies and procedures and propose updates and modifications, as needed.
- Oversee all general ledger activities.
- Ensure proper internal controls and maintenance of the organization’s financial records.
- Assist with the development of the organization’s annual and program budgets.
- Lead the preparation for the organization’s annual audit.
- Manage the Staff Accountant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer.
- Demonstrated experience in financial statement preparation for an organization with an annual budget that is larger than $20 million.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics-SL (Solomon) or other high-end accounting software is desired; proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting principles.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an efficient manner.
- Strong organizational and writing skills.
- Responsibility for financial reporting for an organization with a $50 million budget or larger is required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant, professional nonprofit accounting experience is required.
- Experience managing foundation and other types of program-restricted grantsispreferred.
- Experience working with an organization with both a 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) affiliate is a significant plus.
- CPA is required.
- Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
To ApplyPlease follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file
and upload this combined document. The system does not