Position: GDI Accounting and Administrative Associate
Location: Washington, DC (preferred) or NYC
Background: The Global Development Incubator (GDI) was created to advance and scale social impact. We do this by creating and expanding select ideas, organizations, and initiatives that address urgent global problems. GDI provides structured pathways over 2-3 years to support the achievement of critical step-changes necessary for ideas and organizations to move to the next level.
GDI goes beyond traditional consulting models, capacity builders, and bureaucratic platforms to do hands-on implementation in addition to strategic and networking support. We take the initiative to address real-world barriers to growth, offer a critical and independent perspective, and partner with innovators to deliver social impact at scale. GDI typically focuses on three phases of work, including 1) design and strategic direction setting 2) pilot and launch and 3) medium – long term implementation support and capacity development through to exit.
PositionDescription: The Accounting and Administrative Associateroleisauniqueopportunity to support a growing financial team at a lean and high performing organization. This position will be responsible for accurately maintaining the organization’s accounting records.Althoughyouwillworkcloselywithyourmanager,GDI Associatesareexpectedtoexerciseahighdegreeofautonomyandtakeonsignificantresponsibility.
· Manage all accounts payable including ensuring costs are appropriately documented and approved, entering transactions, and supporting the execution of payments.
· Maintain accounts receivable records, ensuring records are comprehensive and all payments are correctly applied.
· Develop and maintain online and paper filing systems for accounting files.
· Manage accounting schedules, and prepare and enter month end closing entries including allocation of costs and recognition of revenue.
· Prepare and upload payroll, tax, and benefits payments and serve as a primary point person for related vendors.
· Support procurement process, including serving as a resource on GDI policy and reviewing and maintaining relevant documentation.
· Support the annual audit and preparation of GDI tax forms and filings.
· Provide additional administrative or other support as requested.
Baseline qualifications for a GDI Associate: Wearelookingfor an entrepreneurial candidatewithamixoftechnical and operational experience,including 1-3 yearsofprofessionalexperienceproviding a broad range of accounting support in a not for profit organization; and/orequivalent experience. Knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting principles is required. Experience with Quickbooks is a plus. Must have excellent attention to detail.
• Abilityto movefluidlybetweencollaborativeandindependentworkstyles
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to email@example.com using “Job Applicant: Accounting and Administration Associate” as the subject line.