Reports to: Financial Compliance Manager
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is seeking a Financial Compliance Specialist interested in working within a changing environment to provide support of the Finance Department’s initiatives. We seek candidates who have an entrepreneurial spirit and can respond to changing priorities in a flexible, professional, and positive manner.
The Financial Compliance Specialist is a member of the Financial Compliance team. The Financial Compliance Specialist is involved in all activities associated with the compliance review program to include: communicating with awardees about their review; conducting portfolio risk assessments; performing contract desk reviews and site visits; preparing field work summaries and reviewing reports for management; maintaining compliance-related records and preparing internal briefing memos related to compliance adherence, risk, and risk mitigation. The primary responsibility of the Financial Compliance Specialist is to provide an assessment, review and report that is specific to the awardee’s compliance with the financial terms and conditions of the executed contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Financial Compliance Manager and Finance Department Senior Staff on all matters related to financial compliance, compliance reviews, and award contracting, monitoring and administration
- Support the Financial Compliance Manager in reviewing accuracy of information in accounting systems and Salesforce, ensuring reconciliations and accuracy of general ledger reporting
- Assist in the creation of standard operating procedures, training materials, and compliance review materials and conducting training
- Develop and maintain risk assessments on all contract awards and provide analysis and risk mitigation recommendations to internal staff
- Perform contract award compliance desk reviews and site visits as requested (some travel may be required), providing draft reports, presentations and recommendations for resolution
- Perform compliance analysis and risk assessment analysis and make recommendations to the Manager
- Attend, and assist in leading, cross-functional meetings for active portfolio management related to financial compliance involving teams from multiple departments and document meeting activities
- Maintain and prepare accounting, financial, project-tracking, and other reports for the Financial Compliance Manager, and other organizational leadership
- Assist with system development and integration of Salesforce and Bill.com interfacing and testing of data for implementation
- Assist the Contract Invoice Team with processing awardee invoices for payment, and work with Contract Management and Program staff to resolve compliance issues to include communicating directly with awardee institutions to achieve resolution
- Manage contractor financial compliance analyses, the collection of financial statements, indirect cost rate support documentation, D&B reports, debarment checks, and single audit reports
- Analyze business functions, systems and processes to identify efficiency opportunities; proactively identifying and developing solutions to resolve critical issues
- Maintain project tracking and timeline for project deliverables, roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate internal employee training and educational efforts related to Salesforce system, and financial compliance reviews. Prepare training materials, presentations, and support documentation
- Assist in improving and monitoring customer satisfaction surveys & internal dashboard metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned
You can find the full job desription and apply here.