Are you a self-motivated and experienced tax manager with ability to develop others? Do you take pride in having a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and passion for customer service? Do you enjoy a high energy, collaborative, and hard-working environment? If you are excited about the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and expanding accounting firm, then this may be the place for you!
RoseMcKenna PLLC is a boutique accounting firm comprised of energetic and experienced professionals committed to providing personalized client service. The practice is led by former “Big 4” accounting professionals who are experts in their fields. The practice includes tax compliance and consulting for individuals, trusts, estates, private foundations, and small businesses. We are well-versed in both inbound and outbound U.S. taxation, charitable planning, and estates and trusts. We value and appreciate each client as an individual or family with unique needs. Learn more about us at www.rosemckenna.com.
Through our personalized and dedicated approach, combined with core principles of excellence, integrity, responsiveness, and candor, we strive to always exceed clients’ expectations and build lasting relationships. We are looking for an experienced and professional Tax Manager to join our office in Washington, DC. The successful candidate is highly engaged, detail oriented and client focused, with the understanding of high standards and the significance of their role as trusted advisers building relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- Review of federal and state tax returns primarily for individuals, as well as partnerships, trusts, estates, corporations, private foundations, and pension plans
- Manage client relationships (client focus is high-net-worth individuals: enjoy the opportunity to work with a broad range of clients that span several industries)
- Work with clients on tax planning, managing federal and state tax examinations, overseeing tax research, and various other projects as driven by clients’ needs
- Leadership of tax accountants and review of returns prepared by staff
- Sign client tax returns
- Demonstrate a collaborative team approach with clients’ other professional advisers (attorneys, financial advisers, etc.)
What You’ve Done:
- At least 5-7 years of related tax accounting experience, without the need for supervision
- Ability to review tax returns without another detailed review or additional supervision
- Must be licensed as a CPA or attorney
- Great attention to detail
- Experience with complex tax situations and understanding of high-net worth clients
- You have been responsible for your own clients
- Excellent client service skills, with above average responsiveness and hands on approach
- Communication skills necessary to manage and develop client relationships
- Experience working in a big accounting firm preferred
- Strong commitment, work ethic, and professionalism
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and initiative
- Highly collaborative team approach
- Ability to develop and lead others
- Enjoys working with an energetic and growing team
- MS Office experience required, with at least intermediate skill level in Excel
- A plus if experienced in the following systems: Thomson Reuters Gosystem Tax RS, Thomson Reuters GoFileroom, Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, BNA Income Tax Planner
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonuses (compensation competitive with Big 4 accounting firms)
- Comprehensive benefit package including: healthcare, generous paid time off (PTO), 401k, short- and long-term disability, a professional development program
- Employees enjoy Fridays off during summer months (overtime, including weekends, is expected during tax season.)
- Fun place to work and a pleasant working environment where employees are truly valued
- Exciting opportunity to join a growing boutique firm with great opportunity for advancement, and professional growth
Interested in being our Tax Manager? Submit your resume, cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you, and your salary range expectation) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those that best meet the qualifications.
RoseMcKenna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Relocation benefits may be offered for the right out of state candidate.