SOS Children's Villages, one of the largest NGO's dedicated to providing loving homes for orphaned and abandoned children, is seeking an experienced database manager to manage our donor database system(s) for the US fundraising office, located in Washington, DC.
SOS Children's Villages believes in a loving home for every child. We build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. As the world's largest organization dedicated to orphaned and abandoned children with a presence in 135 countries including the US, we provide stable, loving homes to more than 80,000 children in over 500 villages. Our medical, education and family strengthening programs impact another 1.1 million people annually.
Manager, Donor Database
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Supervisory Responsibility: Intern(s), where available
The Manager, Donor Database is responsible for managing the CRM database, merchant service providers, lockbox processors and the SOS International Databridge. S/he must also ensure integration with all fundraising teams and relevant vendor/systems (to include email, online donation forms, and peer-to-peer fundraising).
- Ensure data integrity and facilitate the transfer of data through all systems, including SOS-USA's database of record, Revolution Online (ROI), as well as Engaging Networks, the SOS International Databridge, and all payment processors.
- Support Finance department with reconciliation, and programmatic fund designations and transfers.
- Support upgrades, integrations, continuous improvements and performance reporting related to the CRM Database.
- Provide detailed reports to international affiliates as needed.
- Plan and execute updated synchronization with the SOS International Databridge.
- Develop and maintain coding system for donor and gift information in database.
- Analyze statistics and detect trends for use in data-driven decision-making. Work with staff to develop, maintain, and produce reporting and analysis documents for each fundraising function.
- Oversee list planning and segmentation for direct mail, telemarketing campaigns, in-house mailings, and other campaigns as needed.
- Create and oversee the budget for database functions.
- Oversee data imports and exports from multiple sources in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain fundraising software, monitor industry news, and make relevant recommendations for additional functionality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Overall, s/he will be responsible for reporting, driving analytics, providing planning support for the organization along with coordinating with international office/systems to meet all requests. This will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Oversee timely communications and information tracking processes for acknowledgements, recognition, interests, biographic details, payment reminders, donor concerns, and continuing cultivation of all donors to enhance relationships with SOS-USA and support moves management.
- Participate in strategy meetings to provide support and input to the marketing, annual giving, major, and planned giving functions.
- Create processes to facilitate the movement of donors between the annual campaign and major gifts (and back to the annual campaign) to ensure seamless moves management.
- Manage the caging vendor to ensure accurate data entry and proper donor information/preference updates.
- Support major gift staff, sponsorship staff, and corporate relations staff to develop acknowledgement and recognition procedures for leadership gifts, sponsors, and pledges.
- Train staff and volunteers to effectively utilize the donor database, ROI.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with project management, development of custom reports, and delivery of detailed strategic analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, use independent judgment, and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and extraordinary ability to implement plans and ensure their completion to meet deadlines.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications required, experience with pivot tables, SQL, or data visualization tools, preferred.
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge, Sales Force, and Revolution Online (ROI) working with merchant vendor services and direct mail processors, a plus.
- Experience developing and overseeing a budget.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- A flexible and collaborative team spirit.
- Affinity to the cause of SOS Children's Villages.
Apply via website: