Senior Internal Auditor
Sigma Health Consulting, LLC (Sigma) is a woman-owned, veteran-owned small business (WOSB, VOSB) with leadership that has over 30 years of experience in the Federal sector supporting Military and Veterans services. We are a leading consulting services firm, focused on Federal healthcare. Sigma is recognized for our company integrity, excellence, agility, and client commitment. Sigma creates mission-oriented solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Sigma is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to lead a team/teams of individuals for our contract with the Veterans Health Administration’s (VHA’s) Office of Internal Audit and Risk Assessment (IARA), and to help mature Sigma’s internal audit service offering for Federal and healthcare clients.
Sigma currently serves as VHA IARA’s contracted internal audit team, supporting IARA”s core mission to provide independent and objective audit, assurance, and advisory services that add value and improve VHA’s operations. Internal audits conducted on behalf of IARA are performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), and focus on clinical and operational risks that impact medical facility operations and direct patient care.
Sigma seeks to continue superior client delivery for our VHA IARA client while also maturing our internal audit processes and identifying additional internal audit clients.
- At least 5 years of experience auditing medium to large organizations.
- Possesses at least one relevant certification, including Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Healthcare Auditor (CHA).
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Healthcare.
- Experience working with GAO or an Office of Inspector General (OIG) is strongly preferred.
- Experience serving as a consultant and managing client relationships is strongly preferred.
- Possesses a firm understanding of GAGAS auditing principles; and, is familiar with other industry best practices promulgated by organizations such as the Institute for Internal Auditors (IIA), GAO, and/or the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate prior experience authoring audit reports or similar assessment reports.
- Healthcare and Federal government audit experience is preferred, but all candidates with a strong background in internal auditing will be considered.
- Ability and willingness to travel to conduct onsite audits (no more than 5 trips within a year for less than one- week each).
Location: Washington DC Metropolitan Area
Sigma Health Consulting is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)