The Accountant is a key team member of the financial and accounting operations of SOS Children's Villages USA, with responsibilities ranging from daily accounting tasks to annual regulatory compliance. She/he ensures SOS Policies and Procedures are enforced as well as maintaining accounting records according to general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
SOS Children's Villages believes in a loving home for every child. We build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. As the world's largest organization dedicated to orphaned and abandoned children with a presence in 135 countries including the US, we provide stable, loving homes to more than 80,000 children in over 500 villages.
Accounts Payable Processing coordinate with departments, resolve open vendor payment issues, process invoices into accounting software, and perform semi-monthly check run with positive pay. Help facilitate staff prepared expense reports and SOS-USA credit card transaction processing. Prepare year-end tax reporting (Form 1099) and maintain W-9s.
- Grant Transfers coordinate with solicitors and database team to confirm, steward transfer approvals, initiate transfers, resolve discrepancies with international affiliates, maintain records/confirmations, and tracking schedules.
- Maintain cash flow projections, payment projections, and other relevant schedules.
- Assist with monitoring of bank activities through on-line systems.
Accounting month and annual closings:
Compliance & Planning:
- State Compliance manage outsourced state compliance vendor(s) and coordinate information request
- Budget provide support to the CFO and Directors to maintain and adhere to annual operating budgetary guidelines. Assist with budget templates, consolidation, and import into accounting system.
- Forecasts prepare templates and schedules for data collection and consolidation during projection and forecasting processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply via our website: