Job Announcement: Hiring ASAP
Full-Charge Bookkeeper/Accountant (40hrs/week)
Responsible for the general ledger, reconciliations, and financial reporting to the organization’s management and departmental staff. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring and updating internal controls, compliance with regulatory agencies, and preparations for the annual audit, as well as coordination with the organization’s payroll service provider.”
* BA/BS degree in Accounting
* Non-profit and Faith-based sector experience is important
* Must have complete proficiency with Quickbooks and familiarity with ACS a plus.
Candidate must be detail-oriented and highly organized, have a friendly and professional demeanor, and properly manage confidential and/or sensitive information. Candidate must be able to handle multiple duties with a high level of accuracy. Candidate must be comfortable working with (*) Microsoft Office Word and Excel, and experience with nonprofits database software such as ACS. Candidate for this position should have at least three years of experience maintaining a general ledger. We value experience with nonprofit organizations and legal services.
* Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions
* Maintain accounting records and files
* Prepare deposit slips and record deposits to the system
* Reconcile and balance of all ASC bank accounts
* Work with Executive Team in developing the annual budget and enter new budget annually
* Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep Executive Team abreast of the financial status and cash flow projections
* Work in conjunction with other program directors providing support as needed
* Assist in the annual financial audit by the external auditors
* Resolve banking problems as they occur – for example the banks error in a deposit
* Answer incoming accounting calls
* Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure accurate, complete, and timely recording and reporting of financial transactions
* Provide Executive Team with material for Board meetings and Finance Committee meetings
* Ensures the organization’s compliance with GAAP, federal regulatory, and other donor requirements,
* Maintain vendor files and resolve improper bills- maintain on-going audit readiness of underlying transactions and supporting documents
* Review/prepare required schedules and analysis for annual audit
* Process payroll management and coordinate review (by the Executive Director) of payroll journals, and payroll system improvements
* Work with Outside CPA who will provide monthly oversight of GL and accounting processes. Make appropriate closing adjustments and performing year-end closing procedures. Implement CPA recommended design, and changes in accounting policies and procedures and account code definitions as necessary.
* Develop uniform accounting financial processes to record and support General Ledger entries. Produce financial and administrative reports on a special request basis to allow management to monitor operations, identify business risks, and generate pertinent information sufficient to direct needed action.
* Maintain continuous lines of communication and keep the Executive Team informed of all accounting issues
* Other duties as assigned
All Souls Church is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equity. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please apply if you’re looking for a great place to work. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline: August 22, 2018. Great salary and benefits.