Job Title: Accounting Manager
Reports to: Controller/Director, Office of Finance
Job Summary: Accountable for carrying out assigned ASHP work projects. Assists in the performance of general accounting functions.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Determines work priorities and recommends policies and operating procedures.
2. Interacts with others and provides advice on accounting and financial matters related to the execution of ASHP’s programmatic and/or operational initiatives.
3. Directly supervises general ledger staff.
4. Responsible for the set up and review of certain products/services in association management software (AMS).
5. Reviews AMS transactions for accuracy.
6. Calculates monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual tax payments.
7. Prepares initial draft of tax returns (e.g., 990, 990-T, etc.).
8. Assists in the preparation of annual Personal Property Tax Return(s).
9. Manages line of credit/long-term loan borrowing.
10. Maintains fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
11. Assists in the preparation of the monthly financial statements and reconciliations. Reconciliations includes: various general ledger accounts; bank accounts, investment accounts; and processed transactions from the Political Action Committee account.
12. Responsible for assuring the accurate and timely recording and payment of author royalties.
13. Assists with preparing schedules and reports for the year-end audit.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Degree in accounting or finance.
CPA and/or CMA preferred.
Requires a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting environment with strong general ledger background.
Previous experience with nonprofit organizations preferred.
Advanced technical accounting skills.
High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
Great Plains and Personify experience a plus.
To apply, please click the following link: http://ashp.balancetrak.com