Job Title: Accounting Manager
Reports to: Controller/Director, Office of Finance
Job Summary: Manage and oversee the daily work of the general ledger staff. Monitor and analyze accounting data and assist in assuring accurate and timely financial reports and statements. Review and recommend improvements to accounting methods, policies and procedures. Collaborates with ASHP staff on financial and accounting items.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises general ledger staff.
- Responsible for reviewing general ledger staff work and processes for accuracy and process improvement opportunities.
- Sets up and reviews products/services in the Association Management Software (AMS).
- Reviews AMS transactions for accuracy.
- Monitors and reviews several product line financial transactions.
- Calculates monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual tax payments.
- Monitors state sales tax requirements.
- Prepares initial draft of tax returns (e.g., 990, 990-T, etc.).
- Prepares initial draft of annual Personal Property Tax Return(s).
- Manages line of credit/long-term loan borrowing.
- Maintains fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly financial statements and reconciliations. Reconciliations includes: various general ledger accounts; bank accounts, investment accounts; and processed transactions from the Political Action Committee account.
- Responsible for assuring the accurate and timely recording and payment of author royalties.
- Assists with preparing schedules and reports for the year-end audit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in accounting or finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred.
- Requires a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting environment with strong general ledger background.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Advanced technical accounting skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Decision making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Personal credibility.
- Problem solving.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Great Plains and Personify experience a plus.
To apply, please click the following link: http://ashp.balancetrak.com