Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: COO
Hours: Part-Time (15-20hrs/week)
The Part-Time CFO acts as a strategic business partner to the senior management team; creating and managing both short- and long-term financial plans that align with and enable the strategic direction and growth of Halcyon.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates Halcyon’s fiscal function and performance, including the implementation of a financial dashboard which provides real-time reports and forecasts.
- Educating Halcyon staff on how to maximize use of the financial dashboard.
- Works with the senior management team to create and monitor Halcyon’s financial roadmap, yearly financial objectives, and strategic and long-range business plans.
- Participates in pivotal financial decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Develops, recommends and monitors operating/capital budgets.
- Provides regular analysis and advice on performance variances in terms of costs, budgets, operations, policies and performance opportunities, including significant issues and changes in conditions.
- Functions as Treasurer, conducts banking and insurance relations, leads financial compliance and filing with local and national regulators, and is Halcyon’s principal liaison with governmental/regulatory bodies.
- Serves as the primary liaison to the Finance Committee of the Board. Oversees, in conjunction with the Finance Committee, Halcyon’s portfolio and financial initiatives.
- Conducts QA/QC for Halcyon Controller’s outputs including external audits, financial reports, and statistics for periodic and annual financial statements, ensuring financial reporting is accurate and error-free.
- Researches and analyzes general economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the Halcyon’s policies and operations.
Minimum Education Required:
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. MBA or CPA preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
10 years+ in progressively responsible financial leadership roles using integrated automated systems. Minimum three years senior management experience including project management of a significant project.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, budgeting, strategic planning and financial evaluation techniques
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others in a creative, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated diplomacy skills
- Exceptional organizational and flexible multi-tasking skills; prioritization and efficiency a must
- Team player with an optimistic, can-do approach and good sense of humor
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literacy; spreadsheets and automated accounting systems competency
- Embody Halcyon’s values; nimbleness, humility, risk-tolerance, nurturing, and optimism
To apply, submit send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com.