The Accounting Coordinator supports all Finance Department functions including accounting system data entry, electronic accounts payable and workflow system, spreadsheet development and other tasks as assigned by the Sr. Director of Finance and serves as back up to the Accountant in their absence.
- A/P – Administer 3rd party electronic workflow system including the transfer of data into and out of the accounting system and training end-users; prepare checks, credit card payments and bank drafts; manage contract files and ensure vendor documentation is valid and up-to-date i.e. Certificates of Insurance and W-9s; respond to inquiries and follow up on correspondence regarding A/P.
- A/R - Administer 3rd party billing system including preparing invoices, recording payments & preparing statements; respond to inquiries and follow up on A/R correspondence.
- Special projects in next 6 months: Coordinate 2nd phase of A/P electronic workflow system implementation and coordinate implementation of new reservation billing system.
- Prepare bank deposits including check scanning & credit card processing.
- Assist with other accounting data entry including Journal Entries and posting donations in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with monthly closing process including bank reconciliations & other account reconciliations.
- Prepare Annual IRS1099 forms and SAM (System for Award Management) registration.
- Maintain finance department procedures manual and finance forms.
- Coordinate Records Management Policy with Department heads, including compliance with retention & destruction schedules & document filing requirements.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Sr. Director of Finance.
Bachelor’s degree required. Preference will be given to a candidate with accounting or business degree.
2 years’ experience with accounting systems including A/P and A/R required. Database management, spreadsheet and word processing required. Experience with Financial Edge and/or Concur a plus.
Must have good communication skills. Must be detail-oriented and have a positive attitude and work well in a team-oriented environment.
Must be in good general health with no history of chronic diseases that could be hazardous to the residents of The Children’s Inn.
Official schedule is Monday – Friday.
For more information about The Children's Inn or to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.childrensinn.org. EOE.