The Wireless Infrastructure Association (WIA) seeks an accounting extern to work in its Finance & Administration Department during winter and spring semesters. WIA is the principal organization representing the companies that build, design, own and manage telecommunications facilities throughout the world. Its over 230 members include carriers, infrastructure providers, and professional services firms.
WIA’s Finance & Administration department is highly collaborative. We work together on a diverse array of projects and require a driven extern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principals. We expect externs to participate actively in these projects, and we value substantive contributions to our team.
· Assisting the Accounting Manager with preparation for the annual year-end audit;
· Assisting with general month-end closing procedures such as journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations;
· Recording daily cash receipts received;
· Assisting with active accounting projects;
· Reconciling customer accounts as needed;
· Assisting with minor clerical or administrative tasks such as filing, copying, data entry, and research.
1. Essential Training/Certifications
· Must be actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting;
· Completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting principles.
2. Essential Skills/Knowledge:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment with tight deadlines;
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
· A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
WIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Externs receive accounting course credit. Interested, qualified applicants please submit a resume and transcript to LaShena.Honore@Wia.org.