Do you have an interested in helping with international disaster humanitarian assistance? Do you have a strong background in accounting/finance/or data analysis?
The Disaster Assistance Support Program (see DASP or OFDA) is currently hiring a Budget/Finance specialist contractor position equivalent to GS 9-11. All team members are eligible for training to participate in disaster response teams and may serve as “on call” once qualified. The position works with USDA/Forest Service financial systems but is mainly located at OFDA’s office near Metro Center.
The individual should have the following skills:
· Strong financial acumen;
· Intermediate Excel proficiency for data analysis;
· Demonstrated aptitude for project management and data organization;
· Strong communication skills and analytical abilities;
· Ability to rapidly learn new technology;
· Strong skills in writing, editing and oral presentation;
· Experience working in a cross-cultural atmosphere;
· Three to five years of work experience;
· Ability to obtain a USG Secret security clearance.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following activities:
· Support of agreement budgeting, modification, documentation, and tracking.
· Provide support with reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
· Enter coding into relevant financial systems then researching and reconciling transactions.
· Analyze and coordinate for monthly project coding of financial transactions.
· Assist in submitting, tracking and managing all interagency sub-agreements; support tracking of other relevant contracts/cooperative agreements.
· Maintain schedule of all costs accrued against the agreement in designated financial templates and assist in resolving any discrepancies identified.
· Other duties as assigned.
If interested, please forward resume and cover letter.