Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager role has shared and direct responsibility for the day to day accounting function of the company. The right person for this role is comfortable in data-rich environments, able to deliver accurate financial information and analysis under ambiguous conditions, responsive to changing business needs, and takes pride in accuracy as part of being a trusted partner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the work of the US and China Accounting teams.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Director of Finance and Human Resources as appropriate.
- Help mentor finance team members and assist with more efficient reports.
- Responsible for all accounting activities related to month-end close, including but not limited to the review of payroll, accounts receivable, collections, fixed asset tracking, accounts payable and inventory as well as timely month-end reporting package to parent company.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Timely, accurate preparation of assigned internal & KM reports, such as weekly KPI; monthly slow-moving inventory report for reserve; US Monthly Report for KM; monthly financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Timely, accurate preparation and submission of monthly/quarterly KM Stravis Reporting Package report.
- Timely, accurate preparation and submission of budget revisions to KM.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Prepare month-end journal entries.
- Review revenues and expenses to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Timely, accurate calculation and reporting of sales team commissions and related JE
- Prepare deferred revenue schedules and journal entries. Deferred Revenue (oversight of ERP automated calculation).
- Prepare excise/sales tax, property tax and work with third party tax service, ensuring proper sales tax rates are used.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and calculate depreciation.
- Run routine internal reports as requested.
- Review inventory transactions and provide regular cost analysis and make recommendations for cost saving measures.
- Consolidating entries with subsidiaries.
Audits & Examinations:
- Assist with financial and tax audits gathering necessary information as requested.
- Assist in preparing assigned schedules for audits and tax returns.
- Assist with annual inventory process.
- Review bank reconciliations and monitor cash.
- Transfer of weekly payment information to banking portal.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Contribute to Other process improvements in Redmond, department operations, and organization special projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent required. CPA preferred
- 5-10 years solid accounting experience required
- Experience as Accounting Manager/supervisor required
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong understanding of the general ledger, income statement and balance sheet a must
- Strong understanding of inventory systems and standard cost
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition for multiple element arrangements
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, organizational ability
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, or similar programs, including Pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of major accounting software packages. Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Ability to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product
- Work closely with all functional leaders of the Company
- Working knowledge of Inventory process and how it flows through manufacturing environment
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
- Strong ethics and high level of integrity a must
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external partners to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and displays rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Based in Redmond, WA, Radiant Vision Systems, LLC, has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of lights and displays. We approach each application with a wider range of solution options, a global base of experience, and a depth of understanding that enable us to keep raising the benchmarks for practical performance.