The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, a non-profit, membership organization with it's National Headquarters located near the White House, is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their accounting team.
Responsibilities focus on preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, checking and verifying cash receipts batches, processing bi-weekly payrolly and other related records, and assisting with monthly closing of the general ledger, Serves as back-up to AP clerk.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent college coursework in accounting
- Two years general accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Payroll processing experience, preferably in ADP Workforce Now
- Solid familiarity of payroll regulations and practices
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Excel skills, Microsoft Office and payroll software
- High attention to dtail and accuracy; ability to stay organized and successfully meet multiple deadlines
- Skilled in identifying and resolving discrepancies, and ability to gather and analyze data effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
Favorable consideration will be given to applicants with well-rounded general accounting experience (journal entry, account reconciliation, payroll, AR/AP).
For more information at the DAR, please visit our website at www.dar.org.
Submit COVER LETTER, which should include salary requirements, and RESUME to:
Attn: Human Resources
1776 D Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
Fax: (202) 737-5702