TITLE: ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR, ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
A pioneer in the lifelong-learning market, The Teaching Company is a popular and growing media company that produces The Great Courses: a series of comprehensive and engaging, university-level, video and audio courses taught by the world’s greatest professors. These subject matter experts are chosen among the top 1% of professors and industry experts world-wide specifically for their ability to teach effectively.
The Great Courses series covers a wide variety of topics ranging from traditional liberal arts subjects such as philosophy, history, literature, and the sciences, to practical classes in photography, foreign languages, health and wellness, business skills and much more. The company has ongoing partnerships with venerable education brands such as the Smithsonian, National Geographic, Mayo Clinic, The Culinary Institute of America, and others.
Through its unique consumer-input driven model, The Teaching Company creates only the content that customers want and has developed a catalog of more than 650 Great Courses comprising over 8,500 hours of content. Courses are delivered to customers worldwide via a variety of channels, including digital downloads, DVD and CD sales, and via The Great Courses Plus—a subscription video-on-demand platform that PC Magazine has called “Netflix for Learning.”
Since its establishment in 1990, The Teaching Company has sold more than 25 million courses to a diverse, multi-generational group of customers around the world, whose common interest is their deep love of learning. Prominent and loyal customers of The Teaching Company include Bill Gates, Charles Schwab, and Jim Collins, to name a few.
Report to: Controller
Responsible for accounting tasks, with a focus on accounts receivable, in support of the financial operations.
- Timely, accurate deposits of customer checks and clearance of mail batches.
- Process payments for library partners and settle against their accounts.
- Process, print, and mail return checks weekly.
- Manage the business to business collections process and determine liability to the Company.
- Manage the business to customer collections process and work closely with Customer Care to determine customer status.
- Manage the tax exemption process and maintain all tax exemption certificates.
- Work with the Senior Accountant to manage Sales Tax reporting.
- Manage financial record storage process for accounting department.
- File all general journals.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable as part of monthly close.
- Complete other monthly close activities as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required; College degree preferred.
- Some experience with accounts receivable or accounting work for a small to mid-size organization.
- Experience with using Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferred.
- Flexibility with time during peak accounting cycles.