Summary of Responsibilities
Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, P.C. (CBM), an accounting and business advisory firm that serves clients throughout Washington, DC, Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region, is currently seeking a dedicated Client Accounting Services Professional with 3+ years of public accounting experience to help our clients in the automotive, non-profit and real estate industries. You will provide the following functions for our clients:
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly financial statements, including account analysis, financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Assist with client accounts payable and accounts receivable activities.
- Maintain general accounting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- Research, analyze and document general accounting matters.
- Conduct general ledger operations, including processing, monitoring and tracking general ledger transactions as well as preparing and posting journal entries
- Process payroll and related monthly, quarterly, and annual returns.
- Preparation of basic federal corporate (C and S), partnership returns, and individual income tax returns.
- Preparation of book and tax depreciation schedules including proper classification of assets.
- Perform other accounting and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Contribute to team effort to achieve optimal customer satisfaction.
- Work with varying levels of personnel and management, both inside and outside the accounting department to ensure appropriate analysis of issues and conclusion of accounting matters.
- Support monitoring and validation efforts for internal controls and adherence to US GAAP.
- Provide hands on support for varying projects.
- Possess time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate industry expertise.
- Assist with recruitment and training of other CAS personnel.
- Develop entrepreneurial approach to client service and good working relationships with client personnel.
- Maintain contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts, meets with prospective clients, and cultivates referrals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least three years of recent relevant public accounting, tax or review experience. / OR 3+ years of experience as an Accountant with experience in audits, financial reports and moderate to complex month end closings.
- Strong knowledge of overall financial and internal controls to support a GAAP compliant environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or another related program.
- Advanced degree (generally law or master’s in taxation, finance) is strongly desired.
- CPA Certification is strongly desired.
- Proficiency in use of computers and accounting software programs (QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Xero, CCH Suite, ProSystem fx Tax, etc.) /OR Quick learner of new software
- Advanced MS Office: Excel, Outlook, Word
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical skill.
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements and prioritize work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Must be a team player and willing to work in a dynamic environment.
At CBM, it is our goal to hire talented, energetic people who are enthusiastic about what they do. We offer a mentorship program to encourage individuals to grow professionally and develop in their careers. CBM offers today’s accounting professionals opportunity for advancement in a fast-paced environment that allows both for professional success and work-life balance.
CBM offers a diverse, flexible work environment and we are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, growth opportunity and a team-oriented office environment.
Become part of a winning team!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via our career site at www.cbmcpa.com
** CBM is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusiveness **
Note: Recruiters please do not contact this Employer