Summary of Responsibilities
Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, P.C. (CBM), an accounting and business advisory firm that serves clients throughout Washington, DC, Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region, is currently seeking a dedicated Audit Manager with 5+ years of public accounting and audit experience (tax experience is a plus). Must have strong organizational and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite required), with experience in CCH Engagement, Pro-system FX and BNA portfolios a plus.
- Coordinate audit planning, client meetings, fieldwork, job completion and results
- Develop an engagement work plan and ensure that the team stays on schedule
- Review/prepare financial statements, footnotes, work papers, tax returns, management letters
- Maintain effective relationship with clients
- Ability to analyze and research unusual transactions, considering both the tax and accounting impacts
- Research, analyze, and report on accounting, auditing, and related issues and developments
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff members
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other related programs.
- Advanced degree is strongly desired.
- CPA Certification.
- 5+ years experience in public accounting or controllership positions.
- At least three years of management experience and ability to lead and develop professional staff.
- Proficiency in use of computers and software programs (CCH Engagement, ProSystem FX, QuickBooks, and BNA portfolios a plus).
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements and prioritize work.
At CBM, it is our goal to hire talented, energetic people who are enthusiastic about what they do. We offer a mentorship program to encourage individuals to grow professionally and develop in their careers. CBM offers today's accounting professionals opportunity for advancement in a fast-paced environment that allows both for professional success and work-life balance.
CBM offers a diverse, flexible work environment and we are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, growth opportunity and a team-oriented office environment.
** CBM is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusiveness **
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via our career site at www.cbmcpa.com
RECRUITERS – PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS EMPLOYER!!