Required Expertise: Office – especially Excel. Financial modeling. Advanced accounting. Accounting software experience. Detail oriented. Driven closer of tasks. Highly self-motivated.
Desired Expertise: Microsoft Dynamics/Business Central experience preferred. Certified Public Accountant. Microsoft certifications or coding/IT literacyexperience preferred but not required. Three to five years of accounting experience. Experience working in a multinational corporation. Experience accounting for live animal inventory.
Description: This position will be responsible for maintaining all corporate financial records. The candidate must be highly technically proficient and be comfortable as the final stop for accounting decisions within the organization. The role will also include assessment of the current record keeping processes and providing a recommendation for how they can be improved. The ideal candidate will have aspirations to manage and oversee the accounting operations of the firm throughout its lifecycle. The candidate should be highly self-motivated and detail oriented to build and revise plans that drive overall sustainable aquaculture production and profitability. This position reports directly to the Forever Oceans Vice President of Finance.
- Developing and maintaining GAAP-compliant financial reporting system
- Processing and categorizing expenses
- Implementing extensions for the Microsoft Dynamics platform
- Producing financial statements
- Supporting external audits
- Overseeing accounting practices of foreign operating subsidiaries * Financial Analysis
- Tracking of financial performance
- Identifying key financial performance metrics and their variance over time
- Executive presentations and recommendations * Documentation
- Gather financial documentation on businesses and governments
- Collect corporate document and respond to diligence requests * Collaborate closely with Production, Engineering, Business Operations, and other areas
- International travel as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
Location: Gainesville, VA
Forever Oceans provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.