Internal Audit – Superstar Needed!
Location: Washington DC Metropolitan Area
At Parsons, our Internal Audit team is leading the way with the digital transformation of our audit program. Come join our tech-savvy audit team and showcase your audit expertise for work performed by our Critical Infrastructure and Federal Solutions Revenue Units. With over 16,000 employees serving customers around the globe, your skills are sought after to ensure Internal Audit can provide an independent and objective evaluation of our projects, policies, procedures, and business systems.
Our internal audit team is comprised of a diverse team of individuals that excel at fostering strong working relationships throughout the organization, advising key stakeholders of the key risks affecting business operations, and leading the charge on providing innovative ideas to mitigate risk. We are collaborative. We are agile. We are innovative.
Naturally, this kind of work calls for a person who possesses a unique skillset and a desire to contribute in a meaningful way. We think you may be that kind of person. If you are interested in joining Parsons Internal Audit Team, apply today.
AUDITOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Develops risk-based audit programs and conducts audits as lead or contributing auditor.
- Evaluates business system effectiveness through the application of knowledge of these systems, including finance, engineering, procurement, and other operations, and an understanding of good auditing techniques.
- Executes audit assignments (including planning, field work, work paper documentation, report writing and corrective action recommendations) to ensure completeness of assignments within the agreed upon timelines.
- Collaborates with internal audit team on enterprise-wide audits for the Corporation.
- Assists in the Company’s Sarbanes Oxley 404 process by documenting and testing internal controls over the financial reporting process.
- Supports the Company’s external auditors with the performance of substantive testing in support of the annual audit of the financial statements.
4-year degree in Accounting or Business Administration (or equivalent) and 10+ years of accounting and auditing experience. CPA, CIA or other relevant certification required. A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline counts for 2 years of the required experience; a master’s degree in an engineering or business counts for 4 years of the required experience.
- Self- starter who works well individually and in teams
- Good project management and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong critical thinking and data analytical skills
- Requires expertise in the specialty practice area as well as a working knowledge accounting, and business systems and practices used by the security/defense/infrastructure industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, a proficiency in utilizing standard PC software packages, and the ability to work independently are required.
Other things to note:
- Candidate reports directly to the Parsons Chief Audit Executive.
- Travel (up to 20%) may be required throughout North America.
- Active security clearance is desirable.
Link to apply online: https://parsons.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Search/job/Columbia-MD/Internal-Auditor_R100495
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.