DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
Melwood’s Vision: A world where people with differing abilities are fully included
Melwood’s Mission: Melwood Advocates for and empowers individuals of differing abilities
to transform their own lives through unique opportunities to work and play in the community
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for management of the Melwood budget and forecasting process and operational plan (finance portion) to ensure corporate financial goals are achieved. This position will perform business modeling and make recommendations for more efficient use of current and future corporate funds. This position is supervised by the CFO.
- Compiles and reviews operating and capital budgets/forecasts for all organizational units and for consolidated Melwood operations. Ensures that all budget/forecast timelines are met and assists the CFO with the development of budget/forecast presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
- Assists assigned organizational units with the preparation of their operating and capital budgets/forecasts using actual performance, previous budgets/forecasts, estimated revenue (if applicable), expense reports and other applicable data sources.
- Performs cost and revenue analysis for assigned units (divisions and/or departments) as needed to provide support to unit leads in the financial decision making process. Provides business modeling analysis for management decision making.
- Maintains and distributes all monthly budget vs. actual financial reports to all Melwood divisions and departments. Understands and drives insights from company financials. Creates and develops presentations that tell a story based on insights not just data.
- Organizes and conducts monthly meetings between Finance and all Melwood divisions to review monthly budget vs. actual reports.
- Monitors the implementation of financial policies for assigned units.
- Maintains historical budget and forecast records.
- Creates and maintains a budgeted and forecasted personnel report.
- Various projects on behalf of CFO, including systems and process enhancements.
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis directly supervises the Budget and Finance Manager.
Must be able to sit 85% of the time; stand/walk 15% of the time; must be able to lift, carry, push and or pull 30 lbs.; must be able to speak, hear and see. All of these requirements are necessary in order to properly accomplish all essential functions within this job description.
- BA/BS in directly related financial or accounting field required with 7 years of experience in similar position, with at least 3 years of management experience.
- MBA or graduate finance degree required.
- Experience in financial modeling and sensitivity analysis required.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Experience in producing and interpreting financial statements required.
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Strong organization, analytical, and written and oral communication skills and exceptional attention to detail required.
- Outstanding computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Experience with ERP systems required.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- ERP system implementation experience preferred.