DEADLINE: August 22, 2019
The Land Trust Alliance is the voice of the land trust community. As the national leader in policy, standards and education, we work passionately to support land trusts across America so they can save more land and better serve their communities.
Our natural places and working lands are a lifeline to clean air, water, food and good health. These lands also bring us together, inspire us and provide opportunities to recreate and recharge. The land trust community is a crucial component in this equation. With important places under continual threat, land trusts need access to the best tools, information and policy advocates. Armed with a diverse network and valuable resources, the Alliance is the land trust community’s source for the knowledge and capabilities they need to reach their goals. From tax and funding policies on Capitol Hill to innovative ideas, partnerships and initiatives, we ensure our land trust members can always be heard and achieve more.
The Grants Accounting Manager will report to the Controller and works in partnership with program and development colleagues to manage the administration of all private and public grant awards. This position is responsible for the accounting, reporting, budgeting, compliance, and financial management of all private and public awards.
- Collaborate with Development and Program staff to generate and submit funder financial reports for all private and public awards as required under the terms of each agreement including researching and describing any variances
- Collaborate with Controller, Development and Program staff to establish effective Pre-Proposal and Post-Award meetings which will facilitate timely and efficient grant financial reporting
- Support the COO/CFO and Controller in reviewing grant proposal budgets
- Maintain documentation outlining grant and post-award process to include workflow, steps, assumptions, and deadlines for monthly, audit and internal reporting functions
- Utilize and leverage financial and donor management systems to track and manage grant awards
- Monitor expenses which should be allocated to the grants per the budget and ensure restrictions are documented
- Generate monthly reports of grant activity for program managers and development staff to use in monitoring grant spending, including fielding questions related to their grants on an as-needed basis.
- Provide continuous improvement and feedback in the management and reporting of grant awards
- Set-up and maintain grant codes in payroll system and other financial systems
- Update and maintain current filing for indirect cost rates as related to public and private donors
- Ensure compliance of grants accounting and financial procedures
- Act as the liaison for the development and program staff on behalf of the finance team
- Coordinate with Finance colleagues to complete timely and accurate monthly and yearly book closes and to provide audit support
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget by determining amounts available for future spend out of restricted funds
- Provide general finance and accounting support as needed
- 4 years of nonprofit accounting experience minimum
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field minimum, or commensurate experience; CPA certification preferred
- Understanding of GAAP as it relates to not-for-profit entities
- Experience in grants management and grants reporting
- Ability to design, analyze, and prepare financial reports
- Experience in contracts review and revision
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude for independent judgement and action
- Familiarity working in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, preferred
- Experience working in iMIS, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience working across various teams with a high degree of organizational effectiveness
Competitive salary and benefits provided.
Send resume and cover letter, via email to email@example.com. If email is not an option, applications will be accepted by mail to Human Resources, Land Trust Alliance, 1250 H St, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005.
The Land Trust Alliance’s mission is to save the places people need and love by strengthening land conservation across America. The Land Trust Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or marital status.