Seeking an experienced accountant/analyst with a passion for excellence and a desire to save the planet!
The Conservation Fund is a nonprofit conservation organization dedicated to the dual mission of protecting America’s most important land, water, and natural resources while also supporting economic growth in communities. Top-ranked for efficiency and effectiveness, in its 33-year history The Conservation Fund has protected more than eight million acres of critical conservation property worth $6.8 billion across all 50 States.
The Senior Project Accountant/Analyst is part of a small team of professionals responsible for all facets of accounting and financial management for the organization. The Senior Project Analyst manages the accounting, reporting, and analysis for specific business areas, serves as a key resource to program staff in the correct processing of financial transactions, handles bank account administration, and supports the VP Finance/Treasurer, CFO, and others with ad hoc reporting and analyses as needed.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with program staff to ensure proper accounting and fiscal administration of mitigation funding. Assume responsibility for proper segregation of those funds, allocation of income, and revenue recognition. Work with banking partners and VP Finance/Treasurer to establish and maintain appropriate structure for restricted funds. Analyze financial outcomes on completed projects.
- Ensure accurate accounting and reporting for the organization’s substantial portfolio of notes receivable and payable. Maintain appropriate schedules, record accruals, monitor for compliance with loan terms and covenants. Work with Conservation Loan Program staff to evaluate potential loans, terms, and creditworthiness of borrowers.
- Perform various Treasury duties, including administration of bank accounts and bank services and software.
- Serve as a resource to program staff on finance and accounting matters. Develop and produce financial reports to meet business needs for program areas supported.
- Prepare journal entries for a wide variety of transactions, applying relevant GAAP and internal procedures to the situation at hand.
- Perform regular monthly reconciliations and analysis of general ledger accounts and ad hoc financial analysis and reporting as needed.
- Participate in development and implementation of new tools and/or systems to improve the processing and management of areas supported.
See complete position posting and qualifications here: https://www.conservationfund.org/about-us/job-openings