About The Internet Society:
The Internet Society is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance and Corporate Reporting, the Senior Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting provides support to activities required to effectively manage budgeting and monitoring spending for the Internet Society. This role is responsible for overseeing the budgeting, forecasting, internal financial reporting, and analysis of financial results.
Location: Reston, VA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the annual budgeting process to ensure budgets are developed accurately and promptly.
- Manage the forecasting process to ensure that the current year financial forecast accurately reflects actual results and expectations.
- Collaborate closely with program budget owners and department heads on budgeting and financial planning for all existing programs, operations, and approved strategic action plans.
- Oversee the Budgeting and Forecasting team in analyzing and monitoring the actual vs. budgeted financial results to ensure the organization’s spending is on track with the budget.
- Analyze programs and operations' financial results, and provide continuous support and advice to program budget owners and department heads.
- Ensure that approved projects are reflected in budgets and forecasts.
- Collaborate closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure the internal financial reports for program budget owners, department heads, and the Board of Trustees are generated accurately and promptly.
- Research the cause of variances in the Budget to Actual financial results and ensure the senior leadership is well apprised
- Collaborate with Program, Accounting, and Contracts teams to understand the financial implications of organizational decisions
- Supervise and lead the Financial Analyst
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 10 years experience in accounting/finance fields.
- Active Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; advance MS Excel skills and proficiency with accounting, budgeting, and forecasting software.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prior experiences in budgeting and forecasting for a global non-profit organization preferred.
- Solid reporting and presentation skills preferred.
- Must be proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel when needed
Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.
Apply by clicking ---> here