DEPARTMENT: Finance & Operations
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Oversee Accounting, Financial Reporting, Analysis and Preparation of Financial Statements for five entities. Includes functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury and fixed assets for the American Farm Bureau Federation and Affiliates.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee accounting, financial reporting, analysis, and preparation of financial statements.
· Maintain strong internal controls, policies and procedures to ensure financial integrity and compliance.
· Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements for American Farm Bureau Federation and Affiliates. This includes overall account analyses and reconciliations as well as preparation of financial statements.
· Oversee the annual audit process for American Farm Bureau Federation and Affiliates, and its benefit plan audits.
· Oversee preparation and filing of all tax filings.
· Administer accounting related software applications.
· Continually optimize systems and processes for effectiveness and efficiency.
· Direct cash management operations to include daily cash administration, management and reconciliation of current accounts and bank relations.
· Coordinate cash flow of investments funds.
· Oversee reconciliation and clearing of all the organizations’ intercompany accounts.
· Assist in the preparation of the budget by analyzing trends, expenses, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenue and expenses.
· Attend the AFBF Annual Convention and coordinate and manage all accounting functions onsite.
· Lead, supervise, train and develop accounting team staff.
Works with all AFBF employees and communicates with state Farm Bureau personnel and leaders as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with strong technical accounting skills
· Minimum 10 years hands on experience in accounting, with demonstrated ability to lead an accounting team
· Experience with trade associations or non-profits
· ERP systems experience (Sage Intacct preferred)
· Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Able to maintain confidential information
· Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
· Excellent time management and organization skills
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
· Experience implementing new accounting standards
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
· CPA certification highly preferred
· Systems experience to include FloQast, Beanworks, ADP, Sage FAS, Salesforce, T&E systems
· Occasional domestic travel