The Director is responsible for all aspects of financial management and organizational accounting for AWO and its alliance partners. The Director executes the regulatory and financial reporting, payroll, audit satisfaction, budget and forecasts preparation, and assures compliance with internal control policies and procedures. The Director serves as the senior level finance advisor and makes recommendations to the AWO President, Treasurer and Board of Directors. The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President – Operations & Administration and is responsible for managing the Accounting Manager and the AP/AR Coordinator.
· Produce the monthly financial statements including preparation, review, analysis and reporting.
· Conduct the payroll process through input, monitoring, troubleshooting and delivery.
· Lead the annual budget process including guidance to department heads with budget authority and monthly reporting of actual: budget variances.
· Secure clean annual audits; provide liaison support to auditors as required.
· Oversee the financial duties for specific employee benefit plans including recording and testing and assisting AWO advisors with decision-making.
· Produce and process annual dues and assessment calculations for AWO members.
· Oversee invoice, tax preparations and filings, and record protocols; consult on the financial implications of contract actions.
· Supervise cash management as it relates to cash flow, projections and collection.
· Practice sound accounting procedures, policies and controls, and periodically review to identify improvements needed.
· Manage and mentor the Finance team stimulating the teams’ growth and value to AWO.
· Forge effective and collaborative relationships with AWO Board leadership, AWO members, industry clients, vendors and AWO colleagues.
· 10-year track record of experience successfully and responsibly managing an organization’s financials; nonprofit experience preferred.
· Accounting or Finance degree required; professional credentials ideal.
· Technically astute financial professional with excellent Excel skills, accounting software experience, such as Fund-EZ or QuickBooks, a good working knowledge of cloud technologies, preferably Office365 and ADP / WorkForce Now experience.
· Effective relationship-builder; will contribute positively to the AWO culture.
· Demonstrated analysis skills, strategic outlook.
· Authoritative speaker; a subject matter expert
Please send a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, Reference “Director – Accounting & Finance” on the subject line of the email.
See www.americanwaterways.com for information about our association.