A strong accounting profession plays a critical role in a thriving economy and nation. We know there is strength in numbers: we achieve more together, propelling career success for finance & accounting professionals.
Membership in the GWSCPA is open to all accountants holding valid CPA certificates from any U.S. State or Territory, as well as non-CPA accounting and financial professionals from government, not for profit associations, academia and other eligible categories.
The society channels its activities in part through more than 10 professional interest sections, committes and task forces. Committees are designed to help members in their professional practice and career advancement. Approximately 300 members are actively involved in sections or committee work, ranging in scope from accounting principles to professional ethics, from industry and government accounting to business and personal taxes.
- Integrity: our actions reflect our profession-we work with integrity, ethics and dependability.
- Community: we value diverse perspectives, experiences and professional roles/settings in our society.
- Collaboration: we work together to design and execute programs with our members and partners.
- Professional Opportunities: we make our members more successful leaders in this profession.
- Learning: we learn from and with each other and our programs keep our members at the forefront of the profession.