Maximizing Social Security Benefits and Avoiding Mistakes
Determining the best strategy for incorporating Social Security into your retirement plan can help maximize your benefits and offset a larger portion of your retirement expenses. Although you can never fully predict your future needs, proper planning can help ensure that you are financially prepared to meet your retirement objectives and goals.
On Thursday, May 19 from 1 pm to 2 pm, join Judy Barnhard, CPA, CFP®, CDFA® and Alex Seleznev, MBA, CFP®, CFA, directors of CBM’s financial planning practice for a 1-hour educational session entitled “Maximizing Social Security Benefits and Avoiding Mistakes”. Judy and Alex will address the following questions, and others:
• How does Social Security work?
• When should I claim my Social Security benefits?
• Should I delay receiving Social Security?
• Can I earn income when I receive Social Security?
• How is Social Security taxed?
• Will my spouse receive benefits?
• What about my ex-spouse?
This will be a virtual session, a login link will be sent out prior to the event.